Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Walk Designer

samhal opened this issue on Aug 12, 2010 · 8 posts

samhal posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 6:52 PM

Alright everyone, I'm just now playing with the walk designer (yeah, I know) and I'm stuck. And I promise to promptly smack myself as soon as someone clues me in on what is probably an easy and obvious answer.

What I want to do is get Laura to walk in place. That part is easy. What I'm struggling with is getting her to walk as fluidly as possible (yeah I know) in 10-12 frames and loop again (its for an adventure game I'm doing.)

Now I can throttle the end frame back to 10-12, but I get the sense that P8 works to make the whole thing as smooth as possible and the minimun seems to be 30 frames for a good result. I need less than that...I'm not all that concerned with smoothness. At the end of frame 12, she hasn't finished a complete walk 'cycle' and she jumps to the beginning making the loop look jerky and silly.

I've selected 'always complete last step' - matter of fact, I've tried every combination known to mankind, but I still haven't figured out the secret handshake.

I can certainly make it work, just NOT in 12 frames or less. Can it be done? And if so, how can it be done??

Thanks,
samhal

i7 6800 (6 core/12 thread), 24 GB RAM, 1 gtx 1080 ti (8GB Vram) + 1 Titan X (12GB Vram), PP11, Octane/Poser plugin, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh, and a wiener dog!

samhal posted Thu, 12 August 2010 at 8:09 PM

Never mind - I got it all figured out! :)

i7 6800 (6 core/12 thread), 24 GB RAM, 1 gtx 1080 ti (8GB Vram) + 1 Titan X (12GB Vram), PP11, Octane/Poser plugin, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh, and a wiener dog!

saibabameuk posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 1:17 AM

Samhal
Good you can tell us now , if you would be so kind. :-)
Thanks in anticipation. 

TrekkieGrrrl posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 3:09 AM

Hi Sam! LTNS! ^_^

And yea.. how DID you do it?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

samhal posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 7:20 AM

Hiya TG!  I know, LTNS! :)

How did I do it? I...um, cheated.

What I needed was a series of images (not a 'movie') to create a sprite. 10-12 images. Poser can't do that few images and have the effect look acceptable. So I simply rendered out 30 images from Poser, deleted every third image and stitched the remaining together and created my sprite. 

Voilà, Laura is now walking. Not the ideal solution but it works!

Oh, and a wiener dog!

santolina-sailor posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 2:42 PM

Necessity is the mother of invention.

p

jerr3d posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 6:53 PM

you're going to post her ? Sounds interesting ^ ^

TrekkieGrrrl posted Fri, 13 August 2010 at 7:49 PM

Well whatever works :) Postworking an animation isn't any different than postworking a still :) And I frequently cull animatins to get them below whatever file size is allowed :)

It works and the result is acceptable!

There IS this Retime animation thing in Poser as well btw. Which MIGHT work. Also be sure to check the "quaternion interpolation" which makes it basically do an interpolation from frame [last] to frame[first] - most of the times it will make a GREAT difference when it comes to looping animations like this :)

(Good to see ya again!)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.