Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Britney Spears in Freestuff

Pinto opened this issue on Apr 25, 2001 ยท 15 posts

Pinto posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 9:02 PM

Of the 2136 (latest count), download attempts, was ANYONE sucessful? Pinto

Photopium posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 9:20 PM

Very WTB

GrayMare posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 9:31 PM

Me. The day it was posted. But I got it for somebody else, yeah, that's it, I got her for a "friend". I'd never get Brit for myself or anything. For some freaky reason I got it, and don't even have Vickie... GrayMare

tbsro posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 9:57 PM

I got it the day it was posted.

Darth_Wookie posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 10:22 PM

hehe I didnt know there was one in freestuff..... lol now I do! Its downloading right now :)

angielyn posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 10:42 PM

I wasn't able to download it. I had to have someone else download it for me.

dlfurman posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 11:25 PM

Nope.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Dreamspinner posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 1:50 AM

I haven't been able to get it either. Download stops after 68K. Liz Pope Dreamspiner Inc.

grahamjames posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 2:44 AM

I know people in this forum don't like GetRight but this is one case where you need it ! I had problems with one of Quagnons earlier freestuff offerings,thanks by the way Quagnon I really like your models. What I did was right click the link and click properties to get the website address then after going to the site I used GetRight to download the file. The server keeps dropping the download but GetRight allows you to continue. Please note that I did not strip any sites and at approx 1 hour to download 1MB GetRight wasn't exactly acting as a download accelerator ! Programs like this do occasionally have their uses and on my computer GetRight does not run on startup I only invoke it when I need it, say after 3 or 4 failed attempts at downloading a file. Hope this helps some of you. The Britney texture looks very good but I don't have Vicky.

ohl posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 6:11 AM

Download stops after 68KB using GoZilla accelerator. Tried many times without succes.

angelus_ posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 7:15 AM

I tried downloading it again (the 15th time!) and it didn't work. Please could some one e-mail it me, angelus_707@yahoo.co.uk thanks

Dizzie posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 7:56 AM

I got it the first day, no problem, too...or so I thought until I just checked it and found it was corrupt....went to freestuff and tried downloading it again, twice, just to get a 5 MB file in 45 seconds...LOL..now I'm downloading it (25% now) just fine using GETRIGHT. Yes, I said Getright...it's not the software that's wicked, just the users...:>) Getright has saved the day for me many times, esp. when a download is 10 or 15 MB and I don't want to babysit it all night long...:>)

neurocyber posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 8:13 AM

Thanks Quagnon!!!!! Britney Spears is awesome!!!! Every one must be exited 2309 downloads! Seems she's getting streched a little thin by all the down loads. I got her in 3 tries and thats good in my book. I found I had to clear my temp internet file folder and history to make each try work. Wow is she worth it! :- :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Dragontales posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 2:28 PM

Just downloaded it fine with a t1 connection. I don't have vicky either, so it's basically useless to me right now. :(

Jim Burton posted Thu, 26 April 2001 at 2:48 PM

It only took me a little over a minute too, on a T1. I couldn't get it to open on my Mac though, in addition to Vicky (which I have) you need the flip Hair and Catsuit and ankle boots, I assume the last two are the ones in the Vicky clothing Pack, which while I own them aren't on this machine either. It was also missing a eyelash transparency file and a bump map, I didn't look to see if they were in the Zip.