Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need help making movie?

MikeMoss opened this issue on Sep 17, 2010 · 4 posts

MikeMoss posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 2:23 PM

Hi

I'm trying to make a animated film using Poser 6.
I have done things like this in the past only shorter.

What I'm doing is an animation of a character talking to the camera.

A brief history of my experiences so you know what I'm doing.

I found a long time ago that I can not import poser files with sound into Adobe Premiere, I spent a lot of time on the Adobe Forum on that one.

So what I do is create the Mimic pose file for the lipsync, then I import it into Poser and create my animation with the lipsync.  I then remove the sound file, make the AVI file with no sound and open it in Premiere and then import original sound file.  

The files sync up fine and I then ad the rest of the video clips, sounds, transitions, etc.

The problem this time it that my animation is 3,400 frames.
This is longer then I have done in one piece in the past.

It will not complete making the AVI file no matter what I do.
When it wouldn't do the whole thing, I decided to do it in sections.
I did this by telling it what frames to write in the make movie dialog ie. 1 through 850 etc.

I did frame 1 through 850, no problem, then 851 through 1700.
Now the problem, no matter how I do this it stops at frame 2,392.
I cant make it go beyond this point.

Before I start all over and divide the original sound file in half make new Mimic files, and do the whole thing over in two parts each 1700 frames long, I though I would ask here if anyone has any idea what's going on and how I could save the work I have already done.

My computer shouldn't have any problems with this Core i7 3 GHz, 12 Gigs of ram, 2 TB disk space etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

santolina-sailor posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 3:35 PM

*I found a long time ago that I can not import poser files with sound into Adobe Premiere, I spent a lot of time on the Adobe Forum on that one.
*Put your sound on later best format is WAV file.as you can import that into Premiere
*The problem this time it that my animation is 3,400 frames.
**This is longer then I have done in one piece in the past.
*Save your movie as a sequence if images bmp will do(create a file for them to be saved to and select this file when asked to save in the movie editor) and join them up later with Aftereffects(by importing image sequence) or  VirtualDub-1.8.8(free software,google it)Save your files allways as uncopressed avis untill you want to compress them for export to web or elswere.

*Mimic files---*Here I cant help you but your really going to be closer to a solution if you do the above.

good luck
p

markschum posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 5:31 PM

tell Poser to render to individual frames and assemble them with your sound in another application. There are several free editors that will do this.

MikeMoss posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 10:35 PM

Attached Link: Lucy talks about her grandfather!

Hi

Funny I thought I replied to this but I don't see it here now.

I did get it to work, I don't know why but as long as I didn't remove the sound it would make the AVI file.
With the sound removed it always stopped at about the same point, no matter where I started.
The reason that I'm adding the sound in Poser is because it is lipsyncing with my character in Poser.
But in the Past I have had to remove the sound after getting the lipsync right to import it to Premiere.

I thought I was going to have to run the file through Windows Movie Maker as I have in the past, to get it to open in Premiere but when I gave it a try both halves of the video loaded and synced perfectly.

I have never been able to get the AVI files with a sound track from Poser to open in Premiere before.
I hope it will do so in the future.  I have the lipsync part of the project complete and saved so I can get on with the rest of it now.

I will try Virtual Dub 1.8.8 a try.
I still have to do the titles which I normally put together in Adobe Image Ready with frames made in Photoshop, but I'll try it this way and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

I have added a link to a short video that shows the kind of thing I'm doing.

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?