Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: I HATE the new product info format

vholf opened this issue on Oct 01, 2010 · 11 posts

vholf posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 8:23 PM

So yeah, probably old news for everyone, but the products info pages has been slightly changed, now it has tabs to separate the description, and clicking the images thumbnails shows me a popup.

Personally, I hate it, for several reasons, but most importantly, I used to save product pages as a mirror for every item I bought, that way I could look at the vendor's renders, general description and info, it can be very useful and great for a quick look. But now with the new format, I can't save it like that anymore, the dynamic content (tabs) wont save with the rest of the html and now I can't save the vendor promos either, the popup wont let me.

What was wrong with the old format? it was faster. I could look at descriptions, renders and reviews in the same page, now I have to go and click tabs, some of which are empty for most products until vendors catch up with it or update the product pages.

Totally unnecessary change from a user perspective.

PS: My first rant in a forum ever... =( , Also, if anyone knows of a firefox addon or anything at all that will let me save the page with it's java content, I'd be grateful if you let me know.

LaurieA posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 9:21 PM

If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can use the Snipping Tool to grab a copy of the image if you like to save that with the product. As for the editorial, you can copy and paste that into a wordpad document.

Laurie

Daymond42 posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 1:42 PM

I found another workaround, Laurie. I can't speak for IE, since I use Firefox, but if you center click the thumbnails, it'll open the image in a new tab, and it'll then allow you to download them separately.

I try to keep my purchased items nicely organized with all promo images, so I use this method quite often.. :)

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

LaurieA posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 2:11 PM

Oh heck...lol. That works. I use Firefox too...lmao

Laurie

acrionx posted Sun, 03 October 2010 at 9:28 PM

Have you tried using Alt+Prt Scrn?  It makes an image copy of whatever window you have active and saves it to the clipboard.  You can then open up MS Paint and paste the image.  This is for Windows though.  I don't know about Mac.

www.acrionx.com | My Freebies | My Store | My Youtube Channel

Believable3D posted Mon, 04 October 2010 at 7:31 PM

I don't save pages. But the new format is a step backward, IMO. Perhaps tabs would have worked if information was distributed more logically among the tabs, I dunno. But IMO, the present way makes little sense and lightshows etc always are a slow way of getting images to load.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

vholf posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 2:18 PM

I'm with Daymond42 here, I also save all the promos and keep everything well organized. So thanks for the tip!, it does work, although the info tabs still won't save, and there's promos there most of the time.

And I agree with Believable3D, it's slower now.

Dracoraven posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 2:37 PM

Maybe if merchants included a promo pic with thier products? I like having a preview included, don't know about anyone else.

Eric Peacock
dracoselene@gmail.com

Blue Dragon Creations

<a href="http://zazzle.com/brianadragon
">My Stuff at Zazzle.com

Daymond42 posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 7:50 PM

Hioushi:

In the case of the info tabs, I've found that just clicking and dragging the picture file to the desired directory works pretty easily (in my dual monitor setup, monitor 2 is always the Explorer maximized), and it does work with images inside the tabs. I even just re-tried it now with one of the items I'd downloaded of Powerage's (a lot of those MP items utilize the Editorial tab for more info, so I used that as a test subject).

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

ebrochure posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 12:23 PM

I had the same complaint, not being able to save product images

someone suggested a great workaround and that's opening every thumbnail image in a separate window (or tab) and then you can save it  as an a full sized image

MistyLaraCarrara posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 10:20 AM

o cool.  i couldn't figure out how to save the popup promo images.

i hate seeing that whirling circle of dots.

i use to look at all the new items over my morning coffee. 

now it takes too long and i only have time to click on half a page worth.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff