Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: My Dad has taken a turn for the worse

SamTherapy opened this issue on Oct 04, 2010 · 33 posts

SamTherapy posted Mon, 04 October 2010 at 5:43 PM

Assome of you know, my Dad was recently diagnosed with inoperable and untreatable cancer.

Friday last week, he had a visit from the doctor because he stopped eating, was very weak and couldn't move.

Doc diagnosed shingles and oral thrush; the thrush due to some of his meds. Anyhow, the doc gave him some new meds, took him off most of the old ones and told my Stepmom to keep an eye on things.

Early hours of Sunday morning, my Dad suffered what appeared to be a stroke, losing movement in the right side and a good deal of his vocabulary. Taken to hospital and, after examination, the docs said the cancer has now reached his brain, causing the stroke like symptoms.

He's now in the Palliative Care unit, and will be there until the end. He's comfortable but frustrated, since he can't communicate very well. He is, however, apparently fully aware of everything and appears to be responding reasonably well to the care.

We can't visit because of his shingles (Claire's pregnant and has no immunity to VZV) but if necessary I will go and stay over at my Stepmom's until the virus has run its course.

So, please send any good wishes you can muster to my Dad and Stepmom. It's a rough ride for both of 'em right now.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery