Forum: Photography

Subject: Roll up.. roll up.. all the fun of the fair..

mrsparky opened this issue on Oct 20, 2010 · 15 posts

mrsparky posted Wed, 20 October 2010 at 7:02 PM

Thought I share something different for a change, Sloe Fair. This one is purely for fun not work.

Dating back to the 12th century this fair is held every year. Like many English fairs, it comes with certain tradtions. Mainly it must be held every year or the right to hold it is lost. So in WW2 a couple of men stuck up a tent!

The other tradition is that local teenagers get drunk and hit each other :) This means loads of policeman which in turn means it's a relativity safe place to take photos.

Also you do have to be mindful that some fairground folk don't like cameras very much, so it's worth asking before taking shots. Rides they don't mind, people shots less so.

While most where shot on a tripod with bulb mode, there is a slight tadge of blur on some. Thats because I rather stupidly lost my release cable on another job and had to press the button, which I find often is enough to kock things out a bit :(

Plus on some the tripod wasn't fully extended due to the crowds. While the kit and myself are insured, full public liablity, and I have people with me to 'block' me for safety. I figure better safe than sorry. Especially as teenage girls like jumping in front of cameras as well, so patience is a big virtue :)   

So first up is a ride with a long arm and 2 seats at each end.
F5. ISO 100 (Auto). 12 sec exposure. 

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.