Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Postworkshop for cheap!

philebus opened this issue on Oct 31, 2010 · 7 posts

philebus posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

Carnite posted this heads up on the DAZ forums and I thought I would share it here as well.

For a limited period (you've only hours left) you can buy a bundle of software, including Postworkshop Pro, for just $9.90 - if, like me, you're a Windows user, that's ok - just download the Windows version from www.postworkshop.net and use the serial on that.

http://macbundlepro.com/

If you like natural media effects, then this is something you will want to check out. Personally, I only render with a view to non-photoreal effects and now use this program all the time.

bigjobbie posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 9:13 AM

Just grabbed it, thanks.

Will post once I've attemped an install on Windows with the Mac Serial.

Cheers

LaurieA posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 9:36 AM

It's a nice program. I like it :o).

Laurie

bigjobbie posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:41 AM

Seems to work on my web machine, but my work machine is still sticking to the "Basic" version I'd previously installed. Hit their website for a fix. There's some kind of manual install process but it's not spelled out anywhere that I can find.

Cheers

geoegress posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:59 AM

I was a beta tester for them- nice fun program :)

philebus posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:59 AM

Someone else mentioned a similar problem. I think that you need to deactivate the basic version, then you can activate the new pro serial.

bigjobbie posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 11:12 AM

Yeah, deactivation requires direct web access though (I keep my work machine completely separate).

Maybe there's a second option when that fails, but it just crashes when I hit "cancel" after a few "retry" attempts (to see if there's a counter that launches the alternate method). There's obviously a hidden reference/registry entry somewhere that I need to delete manually. Likely they'll have to email it to me privately or something.

Cheers