Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Ugh hardware!

RobynsVeil opened this issue on Nov 26, 2010 · 35 posts

RobynsVeil posted Fri, 26 November 2010 at 4:36 AM

So, I got my dead desktop back with a new lease on life, with a brand'spankin'-new (reading off the box) G41MT-D3 Gigabyte motherboard, (reading from the tax invoice) Intel Dual Core E6500 "Misc Bits" and 2 gig of DDR3 RAM. I suppose I should be cheering, except I can't help but think that having on-board graphics really isn't working in my favour, since after a render or two I get out-of-memory errors from Poser Pro 2010. This I attribute to not having a dedicated graphics card with dedicated memory.

Right or wrong, oh great hardware wizards? I am so out of my depth, here.

Anyway, I'm having a look at graphics cards and the spec pages are bewildering, with great emphasis on game performance. I'm not running any games: I want something that will get rid of those memory errors (which i didn't get before when I did have a graphics card with dedicated memory).

Apparently, this board has a PCIExpress slot. So, my AGP cards are useless. I'm looking at cards, but what's what? I would like to stay with NVidia only because it's a technology I trust, but I can be swayed... perhaps. Options:

Item image

EVGA 8400GS Video Card 512MB NVIDIA

Item image

ASUS NVidia GF EN7300GS 256MB PCIe Graphics Video Card

Item imageNVIDIA XFX GTS 8600 8600GTS PCIE Video Graphics Card

Item image

Asus NVidia Geforce 9600GT 512MB Graphics Card PCIe

Open to suggestions, here. 😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks