Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 runtimes

drkfetyshnyghts opened this issue on Feb 13, 2011 · 12 posts

drkfetyshnyghts posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 7:03 AM

As subject.  Is it me, or is installing runtimes into Poser libraries more complicated than it needs to be?  Unzip a package which creates a "runtime" folder. That then can be brought in via PP2010 file system.  But unzip and try to install other packages which also name their folders "runtime" and PP210 point blank refuses saying that "it is already installed" or words to that effect. By which I think it means that a folder called "runtime" has already been installed which it has. Just not the same one!  If you try to rename the folder named "runtime" to something else then once again PP2010 refuses because it doesn't recognise the changed folder name as a runtime. DUH!    So does this reallly mean we are reduced to installing files individually? Although how one would do that I dont know.  Surely with a huge program that relies on the accurate placement of so many files and variables, there is an 'easy' way to manage files?

Its probably me... no, its almost definitely me, and I have a feeling someone here will just have a simple solution, but it does escape me, honest it does.