Sun, Oct 6, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT: Bin Laden RIP

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 10:19 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:02 AM

According to the news, Prez about to address nation to announce death of Osama bin Laden.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 10:35 PM

Rest in Pieces!

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 10:46 PM · edited Sun, 01 May 2011 at 10:47 PM

Good to see justice finally done, but I do pity the 42 virgins!

PS: if my above statement is too contriversial, I'll be happy to withdraw it to keep the thread alive.

dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

patorak3d ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 10:53 PM

To all our men and women in uniform.  Thank you!

Special thanks goes to the seriously overworked grunts!  Ooh Rah!

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 11:13 PM

actually, it's 72, but who's counting?...;)

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Now he's not the same age as me any more...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

lkendall ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 11:17 PM

May all of his many, many victims rest in peace. May their families find peace of mind and healing.

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 6:55 AM

And the body was thrown into the sea....., he, he, he..... no problem, Obama always tells the truth....

Stupidity also evolves!

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 7:55 AM

Sheesh, you really think they faked his death this long before the election?. Time to renew your tinfoil hat :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 8:22 AM

Quote - And the body was thrown into the sea....., he, he, he..... no problem, Obama always tells the truth....

OOPs!!! should have Photoshopped a Different photo

THE FAKE DEATH PHOTO SOURCE :MSNBC

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 8:34 AM

Quote - And the body was thrown into the sea....., he, he, he..... no problem, Obama always tells the truth.... OOPs!!! should have Photoshopped a Different photo

Some people just never seem to quite get it.

dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 10:11 AM

I really hope that his death brings some people peace and closure. 

The unfortunate thing is that even if he IS dead, there is always be more willing to stand up and take his place.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

akura_ ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 11:20 AM

Quote - I really hope that his death brings some people peace and closure. 

The unfortunate thing is that even if he IS dead, there is always be more willing to stand up and take his place.

Might be true but as long as there justice there will be no safe place for them to hide. Now we got there leader. Thier ether fall apart of kill themselves trying to take his place an while there doing that. Our allies will swoop in an finish them off.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 11:39 AM · edited Mon, 02 May 2011 at 11:40 AM

Quote - Sheesh, you really think they faked his death this long before the election?.

And the just released photograph that was Photoshop again ?

In any way he is dead, he had cancer and died long time ago, even before 9/11 !!

Stupidity also evolves!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 12:55 PM

Ding dong, the witch is dead!

Quote - Good to see justice finally done, but I do pity the 42 virgins!

If he does get 42 virgins, they are probably other male terrorists...  and they are probably a little mad at him right now.

Anyways, I just saw this on drudge, both OBL and Hitler's deaths were announced on the same day, May 1st.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Daymond42 ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 1:33 PM

Achmed the Dead Terrorist now has someone to talk to. :>

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 3:04 PM

Really surprised to see that he was only 54 years old.  Thought him to be much older.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 8:13 PM

Quote - Really surprised to see that he was only 54 years old.  Thought him to be much older.

Thirty years ago he was fighting the Russians, so he had 24. Ten years before he decided to use his fortune for the Islamic cause, he was 14 years old. Before this he was a great business man making more fortune and he was only four years old, amazing !!!!

Stupidity also evolves!

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 9:00 PM

Uh, lost me there.   He never finished college, and had inherited all his wealth, no?

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 11:49 PM

The Bin Ladens (family) are quite the construction tycoons in Saudi. He's like one of more than a dozen children himself.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 2:17 AM
kawecki ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 2:33 AM

Nobody will be able to see his body beside squids, Photoshop, 54 years old, .... What's more ?

Stupidity also evolves!

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 3:37 AM

one trillion dollars of fear becomes crab bait.

Apple_UK ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 7:43 AM

Having disposed of the body in the way they did it will fuel conspiricy theories for a thousand years. Bin Laden is alive and well and living with Elvis Presly.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 9:47 AM

There are photos and the head gear cam video from the operation that the U.S. govt is thinking about releasing. I feel they need to be released or it will be just like it was with Hitler after WWII. For years Hitler was seen alive and well all over the globe this should not be th case with OBL.

I also feel that his  home in Pakistan where the operation was conducted should be leveled. The U.S. govt buried him at sea for fear of a grave site becoming a shrine. His muti-million dollar compound in Pakistan is a shrine all its own and should be leveled. If not it will turn into the Graceland of Pakistan for extremists.

My Facebook Page

vholf ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 12:55 PM

Belief without evidence is just faith, so I need more than a handful of people, from an already distrustful government, telling me stuff to actually take it seriously.

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 2:23 PM

Bin Laden may be dead, but unfortunately, Al Qaeda isn't! :(

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 3:00 PM

I wonder if his evil sidekick is the next target...

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/bert.asp

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 6:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_468464.gif

It's still hard to believe they got him.  maybe zawahiri is next.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 9:08 PM

With people bragging about the intel we got during the raid, not likely.  I'm sure zawahiri is playing it safe now and finding a new place to hide, as well as scrapping/changing plans, as the WH decided not to keep their mouths shut.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

kawecki ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 12:30 AM · edited Wed, 04 May 2011 at 12:33 AM

It's amazing to see how ridiculous and stupid is this story even if is true. The killing of a man turned into a a greatest event with great celebrations. I am not speaking about moral values, I am speaking about stupidity.

Bin Laden was nothing more than a man, he was not God, nobody killed God. The final destiny of humans is death and nobody can escape this. A leader also is not God, he can die by cancer, smashed by a car, stepping on a soap in the bathroom or by an American bullet and when a leader is dead comes another human to take his place, you can be sure that it is a large queue of people waiting their turn and many will die by any reason before be able to become the leader. The famous phrase, " The King is dead, long live to the King"

Not only Americans are happy with Bin Lade dead, Kadafi and Iran also are very happy and the death of Bin Laden is a tragedy for the rebels that are fighting against Kadafi.

Bin Laden is dead, there is nothing to celebrate, someone else turned to be the new leader and nothing changed. And this time, you don't know who is the leader and what he does. Many times the new leader is even worst than his predecesor because he can be more intelligent and expert. What happens if this new leader is more friendly towards Iran instead to be an enemy ?

Is Iraq and the world better with Saddam Hussein dead ??????

Stupidity also evolves!

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 1:46 AM

file_468471.jpg

Birthers, daethers, you're right about one thing Kawecki, 'Stupidity also evolves!'

On a more pleasant note, if you google his hideout, Abbottabad, you can see some of the local honeys. Too bad he probably didn't get out much. Dibs on number five from the left :-)

Klebnor ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 7:55 AM

If you find a rattlesnake in your yard you kill it.

You are quite aware that there are many more rattlesnakes about.

That is not the point.

The rattlesnake you just killed will never harm your family.

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

vholf ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 8:22 AM

Except this rattlesnake was not in anyone's yard, it was in the nest itself, so Kawecki's point stands, it's pointless, and the media coverage as well as the raction to the event borders in the ridicule.

Klebnor ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 10:31 AM

The world is my yard.

"There is none so blind, as those who will not see"

-  Matthew Henry

However, I must agree with your most salient argument "the raction to the event borders in the ridicule"

Similarly, the rain in spain falls mainly on the plain!

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

vholf ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 2:36 PM

In case I might offend someone, when I said riducule reaction, I meant the media, acting like war has been won somewhere, or that it's somehow a victory over something, when it is none of that. A criminal died, with a long list of succesors waiting for such an opportunity, nothing changed on the big scheme of things, IMO.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 2:39 PM

I agree with ricardo - if we had killed somebody's god, they would be madder than a wet hen - situation normal.

Klebnor ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 3:53 PM

Quote - In case I might offend someone, when I said riducule reaction, I meant the media, acting like war has been won somewhere, or that it's somehow a victory over something, when it is none of that. A criminal died, with a long list of succesors waiting for such an opportunity, nothing changed on the big scheme of things, IMO.

I do think this minimizes the symbolic effect that his continued existance had ... and his energizing effect on Al Qaida's minions.  I respectfully disagree with the contention that his removal from this earthly plane is not a victory over something.  To remove a well known leader from a group dedicated to strapping bombs on men, children and women and targeting them at civilian populations, is a victory over the nihilistic beasts who propagate such hate in the name of religion, or nation, or any other rationalization.

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 4:11 PM · edited Wed, 04 May 2011 at 4:11 PM

I believe it was Mark Twain who said something like, "I never wished anybody dead. But there are times I enjoy reading the Obits when I see certain names I recognize!"

We have truthers and birthers....do we get deathers now?

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 4:44 PM · edited Wed, 04 May 2011 at 4:45 PM

I find celebrating another human being's death to be distasteful. But, hey, since it's a victory of sorts, people will, I suppose, celebrate and in whatever manner they choose. Fair enough. Let them.

What I hope is that with the bogeyman dead, the world can finally begin to address the real and widely varying motives for terrorism, instead of pretending that it's just a case of deluded people mindlessly following a charismatic leader. That was and is clearly a part of it, but it was and continues to be, a whole lot more too. But I always got the impression that failing to firmly point the finger at OBL as the ultimate cause was tantamount to siding with the enemy. I hope we can stop that silliness now and actually get down to the business of learning who ELSE we're dealing with, and also -- why. "Because X Leader is evil," is, and always has been, a cop out.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

kawecki ( ) posted Wed, 04 May 2011 at 9:13 PM · edited Wed, 04 May 2011 at 9:15 PM

The body thrown into the sea, Photoshop, 54 years and I have one more:

"The story of the eleite forces attacking Bin Laden's compound"

Americans don't use more comandos, instead they always bomb the place with planes or drones killing everyone there, no matter who is. They don't use more comandos because it always resulted in the death of the comandos and the hostages, in case of hostage resque. Rambo only has success in Hollywood.

Now with Bin Laden dead, who will scare the population ? No more forged speech?, no more forged videos ?, no more forged terrorist attacks!!!

I say "forged" because is very easy to know the difference between a forgeg and a real terrorist attack. Real terrorists attacks in Al Qaeda style are always very bloody with lot of people dead, even a failed attack has as result many security forces and innocent civilians dead. If in a terrorist attack nobody was killed then it is a forged or faked or some stupid psychopat or IRA or ETA, but no Al Qaeda there.

Stupidity also evolves!

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2011 at 6:43 AM

Quote - Americans don't use more comandos, instead they always bomb the place with planes or drones killing everyone there, no matter who is. They don't use more comandos because it always resulted in the death of the comandos and the hostages, in case of hostage resque. Rambo only has success in Hollywood.

This statement is an insult to the brave men and women who put their lives in danger daily so that idiots may enjoy the freedom to spout nonsense.

If it is too much effort to be gracious, at least be grateful.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2011 at 2:01 PM

I agree on the courage and skill of those guys who did the raid.  I was amazed they could go in there and get him in 42-minute time frame, given the locals spot anybody new after a few minutes (during daylight hours).  typically the perps' metabolic low points are 3 a.m. and 3 p.m., hence the timing.  however, they left behind the prototype copter tail which the locals can't use, but which may be sold to PRC, depending on whether it's a red herring, e.g. they only blew up the new parts.  PRC can make copies, but if it's defective, they'll spin their wheels for several months before they realise they were duped.  keywords echelon, carnivore.

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2011 at 2:43 PM

Quote - typically the perps' metabolic low points are 3 a.m. and 3 p.m.,

He, he, he. Nice theory, at 3 a.m. I am at the top of my activity.

Stupidity also evolves!

mackis3D ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2011 at 7:32 PM

WAG THE DOG was more convincing.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2011 at 9:35 PM

thou shalt not kill

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

kawecki ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 1:22 AM

With Bin Laden dead soon will come another 9/11, who will be the new responsible this time ?, Ahmenidijad ?, Chavez ? Kim Jong ?, Kadafi ? , Hezbollah ?, the old and famous Fidel ?, maybe Putin ???.... oh, yes , I know, Mao !!!

Stupidity also evolves!

vholf ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 8:11 AM

Yep, so many to blame, so few taking any resposability.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 12:55 PM

Quote - With Bin Laden dead soon will come another 9/11, who will be the new responsible this time ?, Ahmenidijad ?, Chavez ? Kim Jong ?, Kadafi ? , Hezbollah ?, the old and famous Fidel ?, maybe Putin ???.... oh, yes , I know, Mao !!!

Donkey Kong 😉

Klebnor ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 1:19 PM

Quote - With Bin Laden dead soon will come another 9/11, who will be the new responsible this time ?, Ahmenidijad ?, Chavez ? Kim Jong ?, Kadafi ? , Hezbollah ?, the old and famous Fidel ?, maybe Putin ???.... oh, yes , I know, Mao !!!

I find this confusing.  Doesn't 9/11 come every year?

Also, didn't I read somewhere that Mao is dead?

I'm assuming you mean Mao Tse Dung.  If you meant Larry Mao, the butcher down at Price Chopper, I don't think he's involved in that sort of thing.

kawecki ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 3:19 PM · edited Fri, 06 May 2011 at 3:20 PM

Not only Elvis, Mao is alive too and there more than a billion Maos.

The death of Bin Laden is very good, now nobody remembers all the disasters in Afghanistan, the fiasco of Libya, the green energy of Fukushima, the Global Warming, the Ozone Hole, foreclosures, jobs, money printing, birthday certificate, BP, 2012, the new asteroid reaching Earth, ghosts, snakes, gasoline and the always useful Satan. Every body is living happy in Paradise.

Stupidity also evolves!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2011 at 7:58 AM
Site Admin

Kelbnor 9/11 refers to sept. 11, 2001. When there were several terrorist attacks in the US including the destruction of the world trade centers.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.