Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Script works in P8 but not in P2010

Tiny opened this issue on May 02, 2011 · 7 posts

Tiny posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 2:19 PM

I have, since years back, a great script by ockham called CamCircle. With every new version of Poser, as it seems, some changes are made so this Python scrip will not work. Arghhh! Makes me so frustrated.

This is what it does:

Loads one or several pz3 files. Renders the animation frames one by one with rotated cam which I can set to whatever amount of steps (8, 16, 32, etc).

For example, I have an animation of a walking person, 30 frames, script set to 16 angles. Python script will render every frame moving the cam 360 degrees in 16 steps creating 30*16 images.

So is there a way I can do this in Poser pro 2010 since there seem to be more python options? Or can someone help me with the script I have and make it work in PP2010.

PhilC posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 3:34 PM

In what way is it not working in Poser Pro 2010?

Allstereo posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 6:32 PM

Hello Tiny,

This is no a response to your question, but I would like to know if you have a link to download this script. I checked the Okcman site but I did not see this script. Can you put this file in your Renderosity homepage if possible?

markschum posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 1:08 AM

what error message do you get ?

Tiny posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 1:57 AM

Thanks guys for responding. 

The strange thing is that it runs the script but doesn't move the cam, every picture look the same. 
I'll have another look at the scrip (with my morning brain) and see if I can figure it out. 
Works fine in P8 though but I need to use P2010 for these pictures. 

@Allstereo, I'll have to check with ockham first if it's ok with him.

Tiny posted Tue, 03 May 2011 at 4:23 AM

All fine now! Thanks everybody.

For some reason it works as expected this morning. Must have been something I did wrong yesterday. :)

MatrixWorkz posted Mon, 06 June 2011 at 4:06 AM

You were most likely viewing the scene from the wrong camera. 

My Freebies