Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Figure mixing using only Poser

R_Hatch opened this issue on May 14, 2011 ยท 3 posts

R_Hatch posted Sat, 14 May 2011 at 4:43 AM

The only real hard part is placing the bones and placing the matSpheres, as Poser's 'load morph target' function is perfectly suited to the mesh blending. I have a feeling that this might be a fairly easy task for someone with some Python skills, which I am not.

The controls needed for the UI would be quite simple, as it should just ask for a source figure, a target figure, and a percentage of target to combine with source. If any JCMs could be converted along the way, that would probably be useful as well.

nruddock posted Sat, 14 May 2011 at 6:01 AM

Unfortunately I'm pretty certain Python doesn't have access to all the necessary information (it would have to be parsed from the CR2s), and certainly doesn't have the ability to set new values other than by writing a new file (either a CR2 or possibly a PZ2), so while still possible, it's not going to be as simple as could be if the API was extended.

R_Hatch posted Sat, 14 May 2011 at 8:32 AM

What I have in mind wouldn't be dynamic. It would read values from source and target CR2s, apply blending amount specified by user, then write a new CR2.