Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Shape Magic Available Again - Now Free

RG opened this issue on May 20, 2011 · 21 posts

RG posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 6:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.shapemagic.com

I use to sell Shape Magic at 3D Commune but stopped in 2009 when that site shut down. Since then, Shape Magic has not been available. My support site also shut down around the same time. I was recently considering abandoning Shape Magic  entirely, but after looking at it again and at all the free downloads and other programs I had written, I decided to resurrect the site and make it all freeware. So as of today, the following 3D programs can be downloaded from shapemagic.com:

Shape Magic 2.1, Road Maker, Flag Maker, Shape Maker, Stump Maker. Also, a 2D program Funny Faces (2D) is available.

Several of these have been available before but others were never released. I recently went through and revised all the 3D programs to correct the face normals's which allows them to import more easily into several 3D rendering programs. I also made other changes to Shape Magic, so there's  a new version 2.1.

Most of the renders and tutorials use images made in Bryce but I also provide import instructions for Poser, Vue and Daz Studio. The most recent version (2.1) is more Daz Studio and Poser friendly as I hard coded some actions that you use to have to do by hand in UVmapper.

Hope you enjoy the programs and models!

Rich