Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Traditional animation is easier to create than 3D

tebop opened this issue on Jun 02, 2011 · 29 posts

tebop posted Thu, 02 June 2011 at 8:13 PM

I was looking at a youtube thing of a show Where the Disney studio of the early 1900's shows how they make their animations.

And really, it's so much easier and fun than making 3D animation . In fact i remember making flip books that looked really good.

In 3D you have to spend a bunch of time to get things right. That's why many use BVH Motion capture instead of creating keyframing animation by hand in the computer.

Traditional 2D animation is so much easier and fullfililing plus you can get results.

Here's why 3D animation is just so inefficient:

The whole posiing body part by bodypart, facial expression by facial expression etc.

That whole thing takes a bunch of clicks and pulling and posing and HOPINg that it will look good. On the other hand when you make traditaion 2D drawing animation/or flip books, you either have tracing paper or at least you can flip it back to see the drawing before and you can see how the 2 different poses overlap and thus you can feel the flow.

With poser or whatever, you click to go to the previous frame or next frame but everything else disappears..the frame you're not on disappears like air and you can't really keep it in your brain.

You know what i'm starting to think? THat i hate the whole 3D process.

It would help if each frame was like a transparent layer so you could see the other frames.