Forum: Suggestion Box

Subject: Can't tell what page I'm on

Darkworld opened this issue on Jul 09, 2011 · 8 posts

Darkworld posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 11:54 AM

Hey guys, love the new scheme!  The problem is it's even harder to tell what page you're on when browsing the store, someone's gallery, etc.  If you're on page 3 of 45 or something for example, the 3 is in bold, but the difference between the 3 and the other numbers is VERY difficult to see. 

Before there was an underline or something that made it a lot more obvious; my vote is bring that back!

Thanks

MrsLubner posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 6:55 PM

Very good suggestion. I am having the same problem. Either change the highlight to show it clearer or use the underline. Thanks for the suggestion.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Hubert posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 3:44 AM

Hi,

ditto!

Please display page links and hyperlinks in the Forum and Gallery underlined, as it was before. Thanks!!

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

onefromb5 posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 1:09 PM

I also agree with this. Change the highlight color of the page number or underline it. Also bring back the option to view fullsized image when first opened not the resized ones.

IsauraS posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 10:34 AM

I not only agree with this, but I go even further to suggest to add the Next link to the bottom of the page of the marketplace pages. Since I can't tell which page I'm on now I have to scroll back up to click on Next.

MainSequence posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 9:39 PM

i can just second that

the    'Next-Page'-link on the bottom is missing, thats highly demanded since you start looking through items from top and arrive down there and expect to click on it there.

now you have to scroll all the way up and don't actually know which page you are on.

maybe it would be a good idea not to leave these links as plain links, but have a sort of graphic instead, at least for the 'next page'-link ?

MrsLubner posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 11:31 PM

These are all good suggestions. I feel like we are doing some productive brainstorming instead of whining. The suggestion for the "next" page link is another great idea. I like having the option of paging up and back at both top and bottom.  Sometimes I go to Next and don't do anything other than hit Next again, while other's I do go to the bottom and then want to hit Next.

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

EpiEndless posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 5:57 AM

I would like to add my voice to the above.  I too find it difficult to tell which page I'm on.

Other than that, the site upgrade has worked well for me.