Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 8 Endless Loop

BJWxMan opened this issue on Jul 30, 2011 · 5 posts

BJWxMan posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 4:54 PM

On occasion the looping function just won't quit.  I have installed the SRP hoping it would resolve the issue but it doesn't.  I tried sifting through the forum and Smith-Micro for anwsers/resolutions to no avail.  Any ideas?

Thanks

markschum posted Sun, 31 July 2011 at 10:04 AM

Are you refering to the animation loop interpolation thing ?

an easy way to loop  an animation is to copy the first frame to the end frame , keyframe the one before that and then delete the end frame

e.g copy frame 1 to frame 30 , keyframe frame 29 , delete 30 , perfect looping anim

BJWxMan posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 2:05 AM

Thank you for responding.

The problem I run into is that after setting up an animation, I test it out by running the loop. Usually after a couple of loops ( and figuring out heads don't turn that way ;) I toggle the 'stop' button on the animation palette.  Only in Poser 8, the loop continues to run.  I tried pressing ESC, multi-tapping the stop button, cursing myself for not having saved the hour's work, etc.  Eventually I have to go to the Control Panel to 'End Task' the program.  I looked over the enclosed command card and could find no keystroke combination to stop the loop.  Again, I've only encountered this problem with Poser 8 and its only happened a few times so I'm not sure if there's some new feature in Poser 8 that I'm overlooking or inadvertantly activating.

Again, thanks for your response and any help/advice you can provide.

3Dave posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 3:53 AM

Try hitting the "Enter" key on your keyboard, it works to stop/start animation playback

ratscloset posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 2:19 PM

I do something accidentally and get that... and I do something else to end it, but I can not recall what I do that causes it, and I can not recall what I do to stop it. I want to say I click on the figure in the Work Space, but I think that is when I notice the animation looping.

It should not happen when clicking on the Play button. If you get this everytime, contact Support. (Put Attn: John in the subject) Site mail me the incident and I will take a look  at the issue and help figure out the cause and solution hopefully.

ratscloset
aka John