Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Script to delete "Reflection Lite Mult and KD Mult?

Acadia opened this issue on Sep 07, 2011 · 6 posts

Acadia posted Wed, 07 September 2011 at 11:04 PM

Is there a script to delete "Reflection Lite Mult and KD Mult from all material zones of all items in the scene at once? Having to do it one material zone at a time, for so many figures and props is a real PITA! 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ErickL88 posted Thu, 08 September 2011 at 4:11 AM

Here is one.

I'd gladly credit the writer of this script, but I don't know who did it (nor where I found it back then). :/

bagginsbill posted Thu, 08 September 2011 at 6:28 AM

It only affects things plugged into reflection color, so it is not likely this is necessary. I tell people to turn those off only when we are doing a shader using that channel, but some people mistook it for instructions at all times.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Acadia posted Thu, 08 September 2011 at 8:17 AM

Quote - It only affects things plugged into reflection color, so it is not likely this is necessary. I tell people to turn those off only when we are doing a shader using that channel, but some people mistook it for instructions at all times.

Ahhh!  Then that makes it much easier!  Thanks.

And Erick, thanks for posting the script.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

markschum posted Thu, 08 September 2011 at 1:21 PM

#set reflection lite multi off   import poser mats = poser.Scene().CurrentFigure().Materials() for mat in mats:     nod = mat.ShaderTree().NodeByInternalName("PoserSurface")     inp = nod.InputByInternalName("ReflectionLiteMult")     inp.SetFloat(0)     mat.ShaderTree().UpdatePreview() poser.Scene().DrawAll()

heres one of mine

just copy the line inp = nod...

inp.SetFloat

for the KD value  and you can so both in one script.

madno2 posted Sun, 11 September 2011 at 3:47 AM

I changed the script of markschum so that it does ignore materials that do not have "...Mult" attributes. Should now work with VSS loaded and BB's sphere with the gradient material.

EDIT: Name of script is misleading: ReflectionKdMult will also switched off by it.

EDIT 2: Ahem, I am not sure if it really was the markschum script initially. Could have gotten it from another kind soul here.