Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I need some input

rokket opened this issue on Nov 05, 2011 · 4 posts

rokket posted Sat, 05 November 2011 at 12:30 AM

Comments, suggestions...

I am starting the little renders for the scenes in my movie now. I finished the script, and have some good friends working on the voice overs. So... I started messing with the opening titles, and came up with a quick video to flesh out my ideas.

This version is much shorter than the final, but I was trying out some techniques to see if they will work.

Basically, I have a lot of chroma keyed shots mixed in with Poser renders, GIMP post work and a Blender File. I need some helpful hints on where to take it from here. The final sequence will have a comet speeding toward earth and landing in an abandoned factory. I already created the comet in Wings, and textured it. I rendered with displacement in Poser 8 and it looks great.

How does this look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTnahW0Y7IA

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or hints you can give me...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket posted Sat, 05 November 2011 at 12:38 AM

I deleted the pic of the comet. I think it might have been distracting from the real intent of my thread.

Oh, and view the video full screen for best results...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Tracybee posted Sat, 05 November 2011 at 12:53 AM

I just wanted to say that I admire your efforts.

The only thing I could mention was that the explosions look a little blocky.

Probably caused by chroma keying not aliasing the edges too well ?

And I admire your patience also. It's hard to actually put things together like that and no doubt the clip will look more and more professional as you progress.

rokket posted Sat, 05 November 2011 at 1:26 AM

I think you are right about the chroma keying. Magix is good, but that part of the program could use some improvement. I am thinking of taking the plunge and getting Adobe After Effects. I have seen some of the work done with it and it's impressive. Thanks for the look. I will definitely look into the chroma keying when I redo this after getting all the pieces in one place.