Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: genesis maps

wrpspeed opened this issue on Nov 08, 2011 · 10 posts

wrpspeed posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 4:21 PM

are geneis maps comparable to v4/m4 maps? I really havent been able to tell yet.

thanks

bantha posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 4:40 PM

Genesis has multiple UV maps. You can use V4, M4, K4, Genesis Male and Genesis Female textures. You can change the setting in the Surfaces tab, see image.

Genesis textures won't work on V4, but V4 textures will work on genesis, if the UV setting is right.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

PoppaC posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 5:01 PM

Yes this was a nice treet, now if only we could import all the different people & morphs we have collected over the years. It would be such a boom to DAZ I do not think they will have a broad enough banwith to handel the roquest

wrpspeed posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 5:23 PM

thank you for your answer

Alisa posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 5:25 PM

Quote - Yes this was a nice treet, now if only we could import all the different people & morphs we have collected over the years. It would be such a boom to DAZ I do not think they will have a broad enough banwith to handel the roquest

http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=13516

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

TheHalfdragon posted Tue, 08 November 2011 at 8:05 PM

as i was informed in daz forums the default maps for genesis are the V4.2 maps unless you have th V5 dharacter and maph .that may help for now i hope

pointblank posted Wed, 09 November 2011 at 3:17 AM

Yes, the default maps are V4.2. Of course, there are the male/female Genesis specific UV's and are available in the drop down. I've only looked at the female one, which is close to that of V5's. One of the major differences being that on the limbs, the fingernails are a part of the rest of the arms and same with the toenails (at least they were as of a few versions ago).

TheHalfdragon posted Wed, 09 November 2011 at 7:25 AM

other than the V4 and V5 maps i haven't seen anything with maps for genesis and haven't found the obj to use the uvviewer to get the maps

pointblank posted Wed, 09 November 2011 at 12:38 PM

You need to export Genesis as an obj to see it. It's a .dsf file otherwise. Just go into the surfaces tab, make sure all are highlighted and switch the UV map to Genesis female or whatever you want to change it to. Then export as obj.

TheHalfdragon posted Wed, 09 November 2011 at 1:08 PM

ahhh cool thank you