Mon, Sep 16, 10:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Amazing 3D short Film With V4&M4

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 10:47 AM · edited Fri, 25 November 2011 at 10:48 AM

Quote - I can't re-watch the video to check right now, but when I first watched it, I thought it was one of RDNA's hair props. It didn't look dynamic to me.

When she first emerges from the pod, the hair is blowing around her face LOL. So, for at least that one scene, the hair was dynamic. D|S3 didn't do dynamic hair at all.

Laurie

ksanderson ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 10:52 AM

Quote - > Quote - I can't re-watch the video to check right now, but when I first watched it, I thought it was one of RDNA's hair props. It didn't look dynamic to me.

When she first emerges from the pod, the hair is blowing around her face LOL. So, for at least that one scene, the hair was dynamic. D|S3 didn't do dynamic hair at all.

Laurie

Watch it again, Laurie. It looks like simple morph movement. In some shots, it doesn't move at all. I saved the Vimeo movie in RealPlayer and it plays really well on my monitor and you can see it's very limited movement. It doesn't move like dynamic hair of the Blender/Poser/Carrara variety at all.

ksanderson ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 10:55 AM

Quote - > Quote - "So I am curious now, are you guys trying to prove that this isnt possible and that he lied in what he made the animation in?

"
I am not I think it is easily provable that he used BLENDER and Daz studio together
as he stated in the article.

but the Some (not all) seem to want to ignore the Blender element and bring forth pointless arguments and flawed discredited mathematics about the time frame of one year to render
while others seem willing believing that DS3 could some how render Fluid ,hair & rigid body dynamics internally within Daz studio's 3D delight.

Cheers

NO WAY D|S did the hair, the shattered glass or the blood...lol. Even some of the movemnt animation, the way it looked to me, used soft body (fist meets face, body hits floor). Unless D|S has that, I don't know. I know Blender does.

Laurie

Fist meets face, body hits floor, you can use shading and DForm to simulate. Someone did the same for one of the most realistic renders ever posted at DAZ... had fingers pressing into a leg and the artist said it was shading in postwork.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 10:56 AM

This thread went from just showing a good video to this....why? Doesn't matter. I'm locking it. Its gone to far.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.