Forum: Vue

Subject: need new modeling program for poser and Vue

wushen opened this issue on Dec 16, 2011 · 8 posts

wushen posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 6:37 PM

I'm getting fed up with Hexagon, and am looking for a cheap, intuitive quick work flow program to replace it...I currently model in Hex import to PoserPro for figures then render/build scenes in Vue9Inf. Hex worked fine for me for a long time, but now importing poser files to Vue the Hex model components will not retain/accept mats and only have color/highlight controls... it happens in every file format, I think it's a glitch with the 64 bit OS. Anyway, I'm hoping someone can recommend a program that works well with these programs and is easy to learn, with good primitives preferably with a UV mapper and paint function, but not a necessity...it should also save in poser/vue friendly file formats (obj 3ds lw etc) I'd like to spend less than 200$ I'd be perfectly happy with Hex if it didn't develop this nast glitch, but if I cant texture clothes/props, I can't be nearly as detailed as I'd like. I've tried working in Shade, Z-brush and wings 3D...I've found them all quite tricky to learn. I appreciate you're suggestions.

Thanx

ShawnDriscoll posted Sat, 17 December 2011 at 4:53 AM

Did you try out Silo yet?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Paloth posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 1:42 AM

Cheap? That would rule out Modo. Wings and Blender are cheapest.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

26Fahrenheit posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 7:10 AM

Quote - Cheap? That would rule out Modo. Wings and Blender are cheapest.

if you can buy Vue9inf . you can buy Modo same price class ..

HERE are my FREEBEE's

kenmo posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 7:25 AM

Stick with Wings3D. It's super easy to learn.

How about Google Sketchup?

lhumungus posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 2:26 AM

I've tried Silo, Modo, Wings3D, Hexagon, Blender, Sketchup, Cinema4D and Cheetah3D (I'm a mac person).

I can't vouch for how compatible the app is with Poser, but for me Silo was the easiest and best tool for modeling out of all of them, and I often use my Silo models in Vue.  I really like being able to custom-configure my mouse and keyboard functions so I can work as fast (read: intuitively) as possible.  UV mapping may not be the greatest, but I do the mapping in Silo too.

It weighs in at about $150 and there's a PC version.

As an aside, I don't know how anybody gets modeling done in 3DS Max; that is one of the most cluttered, complicated, confusing and non-intuitive interfaces I've ever seen.  More power to you for getting anything done in it. :)

LH

FrankT posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 1:26 PM

Quote - As an aside, I don't know how anybody gets modeling done in 3DS Max; that is one of the most cluttered, complicated, confusing and non-intuitive interfaces I've ever seen.  More power to you for getting anything done in it. :)

Quad menus and lots of practice :tongue2:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

bernieloehn posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 10:20 AM

I use Wings3D since many years for modelling clothes and really everything!

Keep cool and fight for the right of others
to have a different opinion than you have!

;- ) Bernie