Forum: Vue

Subject: need new modeling program for poser and Vue

wushen opened this issue on Dec 16, 2011 · 8 posts

wushen posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 6:37 PM

I'm getting fed up with Hexagon, and am looking for a cheap, intuitive quick work flow program to replace it...I currently model in Hex import to PoserPro for figures then render/build scenes in Vue9Inf. Hex worked fine for me for a long time, but now importing poser files to Vue the Hex model components will not retain/accept mats and only have color/highlight controls... it happens in every file format, I think it's a glitch with the 64 bit OS. Anyway, I'm hoping someone can recommend a program that works well with these programs and is easy to learn, with good primitives preferably with a UV mapper and paint function, but not a necessity...it should also save in poser/vue friendly file formats (obj 3ds lw etc) I'd like to spend less than 200$ I'd be perfectly happy with Hex if it didn't develop this nast glitch, but if I cant texture clothes/props, I can't be nearly as detailed as I'd like. I've tried working in Shade, Z-brush and wings 3D...I've found them all quite tricky to learn. I appreciate you're suggestions.

Thanx