Sat, Oct 5, 8:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Dinosaurs and All Things Prehistoric

IceEmpress ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 1:27 PM

what do you mean with "DAZ no longer wants to support us fans of the work of Dinoraul,..." ?

Dinoraul left DAZ 3D awhile back, taking all of his non-Daz-originals with him.  (The ones he released with DAZ 3D as the author as well as him still exist as they are property of DAZ3D, but any without DAZ3D's name on it are gone)  However, the non-DAZ originals I think can be found on Content Paradise.  Seems like they were the same ones as found on DAZ though I may be thinking of the Renderosity ones instead.

I absolutely hate CP due to their whole "holding your downloads at ransom" every year" BS.  I mean I shouldn't have to pay them money just so I can download a product I paid for a year later in case my Harddrive gets wiped. 

lmx3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2014 at 2:13 PM

Ice this was related at a topic on the Daz forum long time ago. Nothing against Daz it's one of the best vendors place. About Raul without him the 3D model dino world would'nt be the same. If you look at the world of digital Paleoillustrations the 80 % of the production use Raul dinos. They was stupidly cheap for the quality they have. By the way we have people that have stolen his models trying to resell on other sites at three times the price. So wrong and this is one of the reasons maybe why he don't make 3D models anymore. Now we must make by ourselves!

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 3:06 PM

^^I do most of my shopping at DAZ, for that matter, and I'm not blaming them for this either except when they "retire" his dino products that they own.  DinoRaul chose to leave/withdraw his products from DAZ3D. 

As for the stealing, that comes with the territory. 

**I will say this now: Anyone reading this: ** If you have a problem with people pirating your works in droves, then don't bother entering the marketplace.  If you have a problem with armies of people claiming your freebies as your own and selling then online, then don't bother ever making any freebies.

These things will happen.  There is nothing you can do to stop them.  Nor will you fare any better in any other form or media.  Even if you write a book, this too will be pirated.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 5:05 PM

Something I forgot to mention in closing: I plan to make some freebies available at some point-- mostly DAZ material/shadermixer presets for some of the Rendo products I like (hopefully I'll get to some of those this Christmas), but eventually also some Wood Workshop wood species textures.  And someday, maybe some clothing textures via Reality Paint/Blacksmith 3D

I am fully aware that whatever I do will be ripped off and sold for profit.  It won't stop me from making freebies.  Granted, unless it's cosplay or it's a texture addon that utilizes someone else's textures under a restricted license (e.g. no commercial renders, etc) then I plan to release all of my freebies with CC-BY/no restrictions.

lmx3d ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 5:25 PM

After some off topic i am very happy that also our daspletosaurus is in the store. If you have any comments or request feel free to join us here! Dasply have Poser hair or LAMH preset for Daz Studio so you can dress this boy on Your preferred software!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.