Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PhilC and WW2 support for V4~WM

lkendall opened this issue on Jan 27, 2012 · 9 posts

lkendall posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 12:07 PM

Folks:

Check out this post at PhilC's Forums!

Optional additional support for V4-WM

Also, WW2 support files for V4, V41, V42, and V42 Male can be purchased from PhilC's store.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

paganeagle2001 posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 12:29 PM

PhilC is a top bloke!!!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Vestmann posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 12:52 PM

I've never used WW2 and I bought the V4 upgrade yesterday.  Somekind of tutorial or first steps for using this for V4WM would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Vestmann's Gallery

grichter posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 1:53 PM

The problem with Phil is he gives so much stuff away for free, he hasn't been able to afford a razor for years...:blink:

Have to take this for a sping tonight when I get home. Thanks a ton Phil.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

PhilC posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 3:50 PM

The V4-WM files comes with a readme, the text of which you would have had to scroll through to be able to see the download link to download the files. There is not really much more to it than that.

For more general help using Wardrobe Wizard:-

If you click the Wardrobe Wizard "Convert" button to open up the main Wardrobe Wizard window you'll see that to the right of every panel is a button marked "?". Click it and you'll get a pop up with a quick run down of what the adjacent options do.

If you click the Wardrobe Wizard "Help & Hints" button you'll get a pop up with a number of helpful hints. One of which is to visit the Wardrobe Wizard web page http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.php

If you visit http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.php you'll be presented with a page outlining the application's features. At the top of the page are button links to other pages, two of which are video tutorials.

Then there is an entire chapter for Wardrobe Wizard in the Poser manual.

paganeagle2001 posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 2:33 PM

OK, got PhilC's WW file so here we go with a little text tutorial, I''ll do a PDF if required.

So, you have installed the files as required, if not see PhilC's instructions.

You DON'T need anything in the work area, if you do have something in there, delete it out of the scene. It just makes it easier to work with.

Now go to the Scripts menu and select the Wardrobe Wizard option.

It will tell you that it has been initiated and to open the Python Script option from the Window menu.

Do so!!!

Ok, you now have the little box with all the options on.

Select the Convert option.

Use browser for the Original Clothing option and select the cr2 of the item you want to convert.

The Save result option will be set up for the location of the Poser program, leave as it is.

Select V4 from the From option and to the To option as well. So, you now have V4 toi V4 set up.

Select the type of garment in the From section.

In the To option I used the following:-

High Resolution
Close fit
Force reanalysis
Keep existing morphs
Regroup
Copy Weightmaps

Select the Convert button.

Let WW2 do it's bit.

When it gets near the end you will be asked for the WM cr2's location. Use your previously created V4WM.

Once it has finished, it will have made a folder called WW V4 (Wardrobe Wizard V4). This is where the converted item is, BUT..........

This is a NON WM version.

You have in your work area the WM version and currently it is called Figure 1.

Save this to a folder of your choice, with a name of your choice, I normally just add WM at the end.

Delete the Figure 1 from the work area.

Load in V4WM.

Load and conform the item.

Pose.

Dance around the room, shouting happy things!!!!!

Ok, you don't need to do that last bit, but it's fun and scares the hell out of the neighbors!!!! LOL.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Eric Walters posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 3:57 PM

That's great! I tried my first PaganEagle tutorial last night- converting a clothing figure to WM- by loading the Obj and using setup room. I also tried Cage's WM script on some clothing "Andromeda". Mostly a skimpy top and g string bikini-skirt. It worked great-but as has been mentioned- the copy joint parameters does NOT save-and must be re-applied.

Glad to see WW2 working! I'll have to buy the V4 definitions from Phil now!

BTW: your PDF was SUPERB! Simple-and VERY clear. THANKS!

Quote - OK, got PhilC's WW file so here we go with a little text tutorial, I''ll do a PDF if required.

paganeagle2001 posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 5:34 PM

Your welcome, I try to make the pdf's as easy and jargon free as possible.

I'll probably get the WW2 PDF done tomorrow, I have a few poses that I need to twaeak a bit before I can get to it.

All the best.

LROG

ErickL88 posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 10:11 AM

Thanks for the tut, paganeagle.

Even tho I already knew how to use WW2, I followed you tut step-for-step, to see, if I was making anything different or wrong even.

It was very easy to follow and the results were typically PhilC-like ;). Beside the lil known issue of joint center copying, WW2 does a great job once again.