Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: nVidia vs AMD video cards with Poser?

Seaking406 opened this issue on Feb 06, 2012 · 10 posts

Seaking406 posted Mon, 06 February 2012 at 6:38 PM

I spent the last few days trying to research which is the better of the two cards to be used with Poser 2012. I currently have an AMD 6070 2Gigs card and some of the issues that pop up half of the time I'm working with poser leads me to believe there might be driver or the card itself issues. After a render, it can take up to 10-20 seconds before I can resume on the preview screen. This happens more often than not. Yesterday, while spending ten hours working with the prog I had this problem.. but today, the prog is super snappy fast and switches from screen to screen like it should.. but it's usually not like that all the time. Needless to say that lag time between screen switching is starting to get annoying as heck. 

I read somewhere that suggested the OpenGL on nVidia cards is better suited for such progs as poser, PS, video editing and such (which I use a lot of these software, CS4).

I found a nice deal for an MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gigs card that I thought might fit the bill if such is the case that the nVidia cards were better suited for Poser work.. 

Can someone kindly help shed some light on this subject for this noobe?

Thanks in advance..