Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Skins with Shades

Seaking406 opened this issue on Feb 08, 2012 ยท 13 posts

Seaking406 posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 1:06 PM

hi again with another question for the learned and experienced members out there.

I'm relatively new at this but forging ahead nicely and picking up some good pointers from friends and research..

I had picked up a lot of the free files available online in the beginning to create new characters, morphs to change the shapes and skins to change the appearances (boring having the same look alike models in the scenes).. But it occured to me that one model I purchased (Nanette) was reflecting the light back in a much more realistic manner than the others that I had picked up for free until I noticed that the Nanette skin I was using had a 'shaded' option, and I think that is what is making the difference. The other skins wouldn't show rim lighting (lights shining from behind over the shoulder for example).

Under what circumstances would would unshaded skins be preferable to shaded skins?

Is adding that feature or ability to skins a difficult task (hence why those I found for free don't have that ability)?

When searching for skins, what should I be looking for in the descriptions? Will it mention it specifically that it has this option? Any highly recommended skins I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance..