Forum: Vue

Subject: importing Poser figures into Vue 9 Esprit

BUSHY8996 opened this issue on Feb 12, 2012 · 6 posts

BUSHY8996 posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 1:36 PM

Well I have tried eveything to try to get this to work - from switching between the 3 SDK's (never heard of SDK's in previous versons of Vue)to running as administrator to trying a Poser character, trying both obj & PZ3!! This has clear got me beat - and looking at the forums I'm not alone. It worked fine with Poser 8??

Poser 9/Vue 9 Esprit - Windows 7 64bit sys

I have the lastest updates for both Vue & Poser - any ideas?

Now Vue keeps crashing when I try to import a poser figure Arrgghh!!!

ShawnDriscoll posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 3:20 PM

You need the fourth SDK in Vue 10 to import Poser 9 figures.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

BUSHY8996 posted Sun, 12 February 2012 at 5:33 PM

Thanks - I only have Vue 9

BUSHY8996 posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 12:59 PM

Hi Sawn - so are you saying that because I upgraded from Poser 8 (which allowed me to import poser figures) to Poser 9 that I now have to purchase Vue 10 to enable me to do something that I could do previously. If so I will feel a bit ripped off and will seriously think before making upgrades in future.

Thanks

ShawnDriscoll posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 2:34 PM

Yes.  And it gets worse when you upgrade operating systems.  All my stuff works together, so I am reluctant to upgrade anything.

Look at SketchUp.  Everytime a new version comes out, everything that talks with it breaks.  I don't think SketchUp is worth the trouble even if it is free.  All it has done is allow mass quantities of poorly made models by the masses be available for download.  For what possible use to who?  If you're not a Google Earth person, you're in the clear.

Anyway... You and me.  We are in a bubble here known as the Vue Forum at Renderosity.  In the outside world.  Vue is seen as a plugin for 3DS and Maya and Cinema4D and all the rest.  But to us, it is an outdoor renderer for Poser figures.

The others can live without Vue.  But for us Poser users?!  Can we live without Vue?  I can live without Poser.  But Vue... I need Vue.  All my crap gets imported into Vue.  Vue is the main end-all be-all renderer for my hobby such as it is.  I use Poser 6 still.  Vue 8 hated it with a passion.  E-on out-sourced their Poser SDK programmers and got what they paid for.  Eventually, Poser 6 was working again (I had to buy Vue 9 to fix Vue 8).  Vue 10 I got for free.  I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll go back to Vue 9.5 or not.  Vue 9 broke a couple trees.  Vue 9.5 fixed my tree problem (another buy 9.5 to fix something that was working already in Vue 8 trick).

So I am done upgrading Vue for a very long time.  E-on is programming themselves into a corner.  The same thing happened to Eovia and is now happening with DAZ3D.  I hope great success for Smith Micro and that they do not follow.  Poser has a history and a brand.  DAZ3D can't even give their software away.  E-on has a very good PLE for Infinite/xStream.  No one cares though because it is a beta still, just like all their paid products are.

'Nuff said.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

BUSHY8996 posted Mon, 13 February 2012 at 5:54 PM

I hear what your saying and very much agree - I also use Vue & Poser as a hobby.And it was my intention to upgrade to Vue 10 at some point - just to keep up really as I have in the past with Poser. But now I'm starting to think if it's not broken and does what I want it to - then why go to the expence of upgrades.

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me.

Regards,,