Forum: Bryce

Subject: Have I been DUPED by PIRATES?

mtnmen opened this issue on Feb 15, 2012 · 9 posts

mtnmen posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 5:12 PM

I hate to admit it but I believe that I have been taken by some software pirates...   In now having Daz Studio4PRO complete with 3D Bridge to Photoshop...I was very excited to try it wih my PS CS3... but I needed CS4-Extended... so I searched for cheap photoshop software... cuz let's face it $600 is a chunck a change even in good economic times...  Great...I found an "OEM licensed" seller with CS4-E for 59 bucks... saying that they are SO much cheaper due to there being no support for the software, no disc, no packaging...etc.... So I bought it  and after installing it the serial number was rejected by Adobe and the program was now in the trial mode...  I contacted the seller and they told me to do this  and do that and try it again and of course no luck... I told them I wanted my money refunded and they thanked me for my patience and try this and try that....again...  So.... I have been pirated and duped I fear...  has anyone else experienced this....

Steve

Analog-X64 posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 6:18 PM

I've never heard of any photoshop products being this cheap.  The upgrade version of CS5 is $200 just the upgrade alone.

If you paid with a credit card see if they have a protection plan.

Visa for example could give you a refund if you call them and tell them what has happened.

Xerxes0002 posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 9:28 PM

Have to agree with Analog-X64.  Only way I know to get it inexpensive is to be a student that qualifies. 

bobbystahr posted Wed, 15 February 2012 at 10:44 PM

happened to me and VISA was most accomadating...but I pay for some insurance I think...a small price but apparently was worth it

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Daworth posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 4:13 AM

Sorry to say, it happens all the time.  The old maxim stands:  If it sounds too good to be true - it usually is. My sympathies.

Davey

dyret posted Thu, 16 February 2012 at 8:14 AM

Shiver me timbers!

mtnmen posted Fri, 17 February 2012 at 11:47 AM

Well...My timbers are surely shivering...  Yes... I  am old enough (way) to know that if it looks too good to be true...it is...  I contacted Visa and they are handling this as Internet fraud ...which it is... and I won't be charged...  But damn it... this kind of crap really sucks... 

Thanks for your sage advise... and acknowledgement of this as happening not only to me but others..

Okay... Now all I have to do is contact that Nigerian Prince  and collect my millions...

Steve

Daworth posted Fri, 17 February 2012 at 12:09 PM

Can you collect mine while you're there Steve.  Glad you got it sorted and won't be charged.  What a world, eh!

Davey

dyret posted Sat, 18 February 2012 at 2:11 AM

I have several millions waiting for me in The Bank of America. And there is a poor lady with cancer who needs my help in a hospital bed in London.