Thu, Sep 19, 10:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: My First Sale Item

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2012 at 1:32 PM

I personally think that if you feel it is worth your time to put it up for sale (includes a lot of runaround) then go for it.  Hopefully you do some work on the textures, at least, first though.  

However, I can tell you from personal experience that something like this is probably not going to sell very well.  By that I mean you will be lucky to sell 20 copies.   I know all the buyers beg for venders to cater more to the niche market but in reality that just doesn't make money.  To my opinion the only way that works is if you are actually capable of pumping out tons of products in short periods of time.  The niche market would actually do well with a group of venders contributing in collaborative efforts.

Now if it's just a hobby for you and you are perfectly fine spending that time to make just a few bucks, as I said, go for it.

I do think you would do well to possibly add a few items to the set.  If it's a war helmet, maybe blood splatter possibilities for the textures as well as the dirt and grime that others have suggested.  Even so I'd consider reducing your price to $5 to increase your odds of selling more copies.

Someone else mentioned the Japanese WW2 Helmet.  Perhaps you could model a full set of helmets for that war?  That could increase your odds of selling as well.

My comments are intended to help your profit margin - no offense intended, at all.  I admire the abilities of anyone who can model anything resembling real life.  :)

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2012 at 1:36 PM

to add - another idea that might up the sales would be to find a few ww2 backgrounds to include that do not have useage restrictions.  

just tossing out ideas that might help.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.