Forum: Bryce

Subject: Hear me rant............or not. Your choice really.

UVDan opened this issue on Mar 19, 2012 · 17 posts

UVDan posted Mon, 19 March 2012 at 11:42 AM Forum Moderator

Let me preface my rant with this.  I love Bryce.  I love Bryce better than my own brothers.  If I had a son, I would name him Bryce, but I would still love Bryce more than he.  However the long render times associated with Bryce really get me down. 

I love to do scenes with explosions and flying water, clouds, foam, etc., but the render times stop me cold in my tracks.  I have been developing a series of explosions for Bryce that use multiple volumetric textures with transparency and two lights in each explosion.  My problem is if you put three of these in a scene with volume clouds, you will be rendering for a month.  And a scene with only three explosions is kinda lame.

Anyway I am rendering a scene to disk now.  No explosions.  I have four airplanes, a water plane and volume clouds.  No special render settings and normal anti aliasing.  I started rendering at five o'clock in the evening yesterday and it is now nine thirty in the morning and I have only rendered 3 percent.  At this rate my image will be done in 23 days.

I forgot to mention it is only 1200x900 pixels.

Yeah it gets me down, but I use it because I love it.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!