Wed, Sep 18, 8:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Due to the INCREDIBLE Response...

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 6:01 AM

I bought quite a few things in the PA sales this time. Mostly stuff for A3 that I've been wanting.

I hadn't bought anything at DAZ for a while, so I was quite surprised by how much the prices have gone up there. Half price on most items there was fairly similar to full price on items here and RuntimeDNA. No wonder they need so many sales!

Also not surprised that DS4 is still free. Obviously the idea to have a paid version didn't fly so they needed to go back to the free software idea. Difficult for the company to admit that now though.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 8:43 AM

can Bryce read the poser formats?   can i put a figure on a terrain?

I bought mostly stuff for A3, too, in the sale. :wub:   and the Miss Candy dress for the cupcake. nommnomm

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

vintorix ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:27 PM · edited Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:29 PM

When you ask a person about his opinion the background is all important. For example I would be interested in Ingemar Bergmans opinions that goes without saying.. But there are two groups of people which opinions I am NOT interested in, like
A) Long time Poser only users who never will switch to Daz Studio, and
B) Long time Daz  only users who never will switch to Poser.

Category A & B, please don't bother.

People who are thinking on switching on the other hand, why and wherefore that is interesting. Hearing the reasons. Daz's free offer has certainly changed the playing field. In addition.

1. You can now make cloth just as easy as in Poser, or easier,
  2. The new documentation is far better than anything Poser related.
  3. They have an SDK (!)
  4. A plug in for Octane is just around the corner. (I will give up Vray for Octane any day!)
  5. Daz has a successful business model unlike some.

Actually there is only one reason left to use Poser IMO, the cloth room. But how long will that last? The technology in the cloth room is old and outdated.

Just my personal observations.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:31 PM

See above, best laugh I have had in ages!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:41 PM

Back on thread, I expect that the offer will last for as long a DAZ requires it.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Faerydae ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:44 PM

New documentation? Really? How the hell did I miss that... Someone please tell me where this new documentation is. Maybe it will help explain why I can't get a render past 0% for the few times I can even get there before it crashes.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:47 PM · edited Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:49 PM

vintorix, that post is two days late (although you are indeed correct about the Studio/Octane exporter)... 😉

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=186975&start=140

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

vintorix ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:53 PM · edited Tue, 03 April 2012 at 1:54 PM

"vintorix, that post is three days late "

I hear you, anyway it is impossible anyway. "The champions of lost causes" see to that!

;)

fonpaolo ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 2:33 PM

Vintorix, for the fraction of a second I was thinking you were serious, saying that!

lol

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2012 at 2:41 PM · edited Tue, 03 April 2012 at 2:41 PM

file_480099.jpg

**"can Bryce read the poser formats?   can i put a figure on a terrain?"**

Hi you have to export from poser as Obj files That has  been possible from  bryce's early Days.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.