Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Look at my Hair plug-in: introducing my new toy

papillon68 opened this issue on Apr 01, 2012 · 203 posts

papillon68 posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 8:01 AM

I decided it was about time to introduce my latest plug-in project, still under development, which will allow Studio4 users to create, style and model hair and fur on each Poser/DAZ figure and object.

Please visit the blog: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/ and take your time to watch all the movies (especially this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=876SCeFleIQ) and images, and read the information available there.
I also made a FB Fan Page here: www.facebook.com/LookAtMyHair

I hope you will find it interesting.

Here attached a few renders done using LAMH, also available in the blog and FB Fan Page.

If you have questions or need further information, I'll be pleased to answer.

Genesis Gorilla

Lorez Cat

Malamute puppy

Victoria 5

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

infinity10 posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 8:34 AM

Very interesting !  

Eternal Hobbyist

ldgilman posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 12:42 PM

I am liking what I am seeing!!

SickenlySweete posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 5:13 PM

ooo fantastic!!

can't wait, do you need a beta tester??

++waves hand in the air+++

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

papillon68 posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 5:18 PM

Hi, there will be a public call for beta-testers on the blog, so be sure to subscribe to the feed!

My Rendo Store

Razor42 posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 7:02 PM

Another very impressive plugin my friend.

Looks great!

Roboman28 posted Sun, 22 April 2012 at 6:26 PM

Looks superb. A definite must have. Look forward to the production version.

ProPose001 posted Sun, 22 April 2012 at 11:58 PM

Will this plug-in work in Carrara, or is this just for DAZ Studio?

papillon68 posted Mon, 23 April 2012 at 2:19 AM

DAZ Studio only.

My Rendo Store

cedarwolf posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 10:50 AM

Fascinating.  Can you allocate to specific locations such as, say, moustache or beard?

papillon68 posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 11:14 AM

Hi, thanks! Yes you can grow hairs on every possible mesh follicle and there is also a tool to finely remove hair so that you can create smooth contours.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 5:39 PM

Hey, AM!

Been watching out for this ever since I saw your post here, and am REALLY ready for something like this, I gotta say I'm stunned with the technique shared here and am hoping the script will be ready soon.  Is there time frame when this will become available, and where would it be sold at?

...wolfie

papillon68 posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hi wolfie thanks, I think it should be out around June-July at the DAZ store.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 5:53 PM

Well I can already say you sold one here lol, that's for sure.  And thanks so much for this possibility and your answer!

I can bet that if you get with Martin (Opitex guy at Daz3D), you guys can pretty much create dynamic hair (via export from LAMH/import into his dynamic program), I'm excited with the prospect!

One more question, once you import into DS, will you have the ability to add fits (such as V4, S4, A4, etc...) to use on other V4 characters?

...wolfie

papillon68 posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 6:00 PM

Ah.... that was an easy sale, good for me! LOL

I'll certainly be willing to develop a physics engine to apply to the hair, but not in the initial release.

About your question, well when you create a hair model say for V4, it will fit to all the figures of the same family, so M4 to make an example (and also S4 and A4, which I never used BTW). That way you won't have to start a model from scratch but just use the one already done.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 6:10 PM

Wonderful!  :)  I'm very happy to hear the fits won't be an issue (at least I'll be able to use the hair again anyways for the same family).

I did figure the dynamics part will take more time, mean while I'm anxious to grab the program as is now!

And now I sit and wait... lol  Thanks, friend!

...wolfie

papillon68 posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 6:21 PM

Thanks to you and stay tuned!

My Rendo Store

ldgilman posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 11:54 PM

I am also anxiously awaiting the release. I went to your web site but couldn't find it. Not that it matters, my primary desire is to get your hair plug-in.

RAMWorks posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:50 AM

Well I guess for the time being this is the place to post since the DAZ forums are not up and running fully as of yet.  Hope development is going well!  :biggrin:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:55 AM

All good, thanks Richard! I have some new and important "juice" to share as DAZ forums will be online again...

My Rendo Store

BethQQQ posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:01 AM

Quote - All good, thanks Richard! I have some new and important "juice" to share as DAZ forums will be online again...

Why wait?  There's no telling how long that's gonna take -- tell us here!  Pretty please?

˙ʇɥƃıs ɟo ʇno ʇsnɾ `ɹoɹɹıɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝpıs ɹǝɥʇO

RAMWorks posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:11 AM

I agree with Beth... let's have it kind sir.  Is that you in the avatar?? hubba hubba! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:14 AM

AA so glad I found this thread .....was starting to suffer major withdrawals......ya know,shakeing hands repeatedly checking e-mail box,refreshing  .....wheeeooooo!!

papillon68 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:14 AM

Yes that's me :)

OK let's do like this: as I'm ready with the new "juice" (should take another day), if DAZ forums are not back online I'll post here.

My Rendo Store

FSMCDesigns posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:54 AM

Iwas watching this thread at DAZ, oustanding product! Lookng forward to more info also!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Wiccan posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:02 AM

Ahhhhh, it's so nice to see a familiar thread.   I really wish I could experiment with it.

Oh BTW, will this play well with DS 4.5?

Thanks! 

papillon68 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quote - Oh BTW, will this play well with DS 4.5?

Thanks! 

Absolutely yes!

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:12 AM

Okay now I will wait for the juice news !!

RAMWorks posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:18 AM

Bring on the juice!  :tongue1:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:53 AM

Actually I think it would only be fair posting updates here as well, I can't post in Daz at the time, but there are others as well that got banned from there (I can, and might, ask for my privilage back, but I don't want to deal with hard nosed unforgiving vendors there anymore).  I want so bad to join in the conversations there and there's hardly anything going on over on this side (Rendo thread).

So, yea, like Richard said, bring on the juice! :D lol

...wolfie

DisparateDreamer posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:02 PM

oh wow so glad to find this thread!!! I was going crazy without posting in the daz thread daily!!!  I can't wait to find out what's new!  I haven't seen any new facebook posts so I thought maybe you were waiting on the new forums with daz but NO idea when those are going to be live again!!

RAMWorks posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:17 PM

Miss ya Wolfie! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:19 PM

Quote - Miss ya Wolfie! 

Hey, I miss ya too buddy, how ya been?? :)

RAMWorks posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:31 PM

Good.  Allergies are yukky but other than that good.  Hope life is treating you well. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:48 PM

Life is treating me swell here, only complaint is that I still don't have a girlfriend lol. Got pretty smashed last night for my birthday hehe, luckily I didn't wake up with a hangover :D

Hey, got a new character goin' on, and am partnered with PDesign, am almost finished :)  Hmm, I should post her sneak peek here (in the commercial forum, don't think you're allowed to do promotions on a normal forum)

RAMWorks posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:59 PM

Well I'd sure love to see her.... Happy Belated Birthday to ya!  :biggrin:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DisparateDreamer posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:21 PM

hi all and happy birthday... :)

So so so so excited to see what AM is going to surprise us with!!!

jamminwolf posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:40 PM

Thanks, brother wolff :D  You'll see her soon!  And thanks, UserAlia (do I know you?)

AM, sorry to highjack your thread hehe, so will quit.  I as well am very exited to see what you're up to with the hair thing! :)

...wolfie

papillon68 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:42 PM

Astonishing surprises, believe me :woot: (blatantly pushing my product).

My Rendo Store

papillon68 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:45 PM

Quote - Thanks, brother wolff :D  You'll see her soon!  And thanks, UserAlia (do I know you?)

AM, sorry to highjack your thread hehe, so will quit.  I as well am very exited to see what you're up to with the hair thing! :)

...wolfie

No problem wolfie. As a side note, if you like you can call me Alex, that's my real name.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:49 PM

Quote -
No problem wolfie. As a side note, if you like you can call me Alex, that's my real name.

Thanks a lot, Alex! :)

DisparateDreamer posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:34 PM

So shouldn't say Alessandro then??

Jamminwolf, i'm belovedalia from the daz forums.

I'm bustin with excitement over whatever the news is.. but its 4:30 am in my time zone and i can't stay awake any longer >_< zzzzz

but i guarantee that i'll check the thread again as soon as I wake up! :D 

FOR SURE!!!

I was seriously going crazy with no forum to watch the updates!

papillon68 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quote - So shouldn't say Alessandro then??

Whatever you like is fine. I just wanted to say that since, for not italian folks it's difficult to type Alessandro, you can just use Ale, or Alex. No problem whatsoever

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:41 PM

So AA will answer to anything you call him .......just don't call him late for dinner!!

Sorry couldn't help myself, heeeeheehehe

DisparateDreamer posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:39 AM

Quote - > Quote - So shouldn't say Alessandro then??

Whatever you like is fine. I just wanted to say that since, for not italian folks it's difficult to type Alessandro, you can just use Ale, or Alex. No problem whatsoever

Alessandro is cool, so is Alexander..

I named my son a variant of that, but my husband and I had a veeeeeeeery hard time choosing.... we were stuck between Alastair and Alexander.... in the end we chose something different.  I love love those names tho!

durf posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:56 AM

I hope this hair is dynamic ??? (need to be very dynamic to defeat poser)

else i use fibermesh from zbrush what works fine for me.

papillon68 posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:01 AM

Quote - I hope this hair is dynamic ??? (need to be very dynamic to defeat poser)

Hi, no there is no dynamic or physics engine in the first release.

My Rendo Store

DisparateDreamer posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:23 AM

Quote - I hope this hair is dynamic ??? (need to be very dynamic to defeat poser)

There are benefits of this new plugin besides just making hair.  it uses curves so it takes less computer resource, renders faster, and moves with the figure. 

Zbrush is exceedingly expensive and so LAMH plugin will be a far more affordable alternative.  Furthermore while I like zbrush fiber hair, it is a big resource hog and my computer cannot handle more than one simple instance of it... if I wanted to load zbrush fiber hair for an entire animal for example, it would be impossible for slower or older computers to handle it.  

LAMH first version will already have a lot of options and abilities....

A second version will have more options, likely will have physics--- something incredible as Daz Studio doesn't have a physics ability built in so AM will be making it! 

Personally I think LAMH is going to be making big waves in the Daz community!  Don't underestimate it... I think its potential is unlimited thanks to the hard work of Alessandro. Looking forward to the AMAZING renders people will end up making with it. :)

mattymanx posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:59 PM

I will be waiting to buy this when it becomes available.

I have so many ideas that I want to try with this thing.  But please take your time to make it right Alex, whcih I know you will.  I will be waiting, my money too.

papillon68 posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 8:16 PM

Quote - I will be waiting to buy this when it becomes available.

I have so many ideas that I want to try with this thing.  But please take your time to make it right Alex, whcih I know you will.  I will be waiting, my money too.

Thanks mattymanx. I'm working on it every day since months now, and I'll certainly release it only when I'm confident it's working ok and testers will also give the green light.

Rushing things has never been in my "policies"

My Rendo Store

ldgilman posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:24 PM

Quote "Rushing things has never been in my "policies""

I am VERY happy to read that. As a newbe I have enough problems with out trying to trouble shoot.

DisparateDreamer posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:07 AM

SOooooo with that said.... any astonishing surprises today??? :D :D :D

RAMWorks posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:14 AM

surprises, no but there are more things set up in the forums from what I can see.  That's about it.  Oh and i got a newsletter from DAZ and the SuperSuit for Genesis is in a tease picture there! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:55 AM

Quote - Rushing things has never been in my "policies"

I'll say "Amen" to that! :)

dyret posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:59 AM

Hair today, gone tomorrow

coldrake posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 2:05 AM

durf wrote;

Even without dynamics this is already miles beyond the Poser hair room.

Coldrake

mattymanx posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 3:19 AM

I really dont think we need this to be dynamic.

It would greatly increase the time required to work on it and the price along with it.  After all, Alex is only one person and thus can only do so much at a time with what kimited resources he has.  And I honestly and highly doubt anyone would really make use of the dynamics.  I can only imagine how resource intensive it would be too.

Once again Alex, please keep up the good work.  We will be patienty waiting for this wonderful plugin.

DisparateDreamer posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 2:33 PM

Noooo surprise yet???? O.o

passes out apricot jelly cupcakes  Sounds kinda weird, but they're GOOD!!  Kinda like a jelly doughnut, but less sweet and more filling.  

I'd pass out the treat sooner...but i burnt my hand last week while cooking dinner (eek touched the frying pan by accident) and didn't have the heart to bake after that... hurt too much!  Well enough to bake again today tho! ANd made meatballs too :)

jamminwolf posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ouch, really sorry to hear about your hand, beloveddalia, I know how it feels.   Thanks for the treat, hon! nums on apricot jelly cupcakes and I don't even like apricot hehe :)  Sorry I didn't respond when you said who you were, was gonna but got busy with something else and forgot hehe :D  It's great to see you again! :)

RAMWorks posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:14 PM

Hope you hand heals up fast...

PS, new forums at DAZ are now open for business! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DisparateDreamer posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 8:07 AM

Don't worry the burn is already much less painful tho the skin is thin there and can split easily so i just have to be careful while the new skin grows.

Alessandro will you post updates here or at the new Daz forums? I keep checking to see if you post there or here. 

So excited as usual :)

papillon68 posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:13 PM

Hi belovedalia, hope your hand is ok. Be careful when you cook! LOL

So let's start to show some juice. No renders this time, next posts and videos will show new features being added.

Here is the first, as from the blog:

New feature: the Scene Explorer
I worked very hard during last two weeks and so now it’s time to start showing some of the new features.
The first one is the Scene Explorer, which allows to easily add a figure or a prop available in the Studio scene directly to the Look at my Hair framework.
With figures, it’s even possible to choose specific nodes to load.**

**As usual, here is a brief movie to demonstrate the new feature:

http://youtu.be/3gkP9MwiXD0

My Rendo Store

papillon68 posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 3:56 AM

Let’s continue showing new feature being added. It’s now time for the “deformers and selection controls”.

As from the blog:

In this movie I’m giving a quick overview of the available deformers and how those can be combined to quickly shape hair. I’m also showing how to use selection controls to mask some areas so that deformers and styling will only apply to those.
Notice how some of the deformers can be applied to one or more axis simultaneously (see that small xyz mini widget along the deformer slider), and how you can combine deformers to produce different results.

As a side note, as explained earlier in this blog, preview hair may have some sharp corners but those will be “smoothed” during the render, producing nice spline curves.Please watch the movie HD and full screen to appreciate all the details.
Here is the movie: http://youtu.be/HwK4PmdvIuU

My Rendo Store

papillon68 posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:28 AM

Yet another update, showing how density maps work.

As from the blog:

““Quick and dirty” example showing how you can assign a density map to a surface, and how that will affect hair population.
As explained in the movie, hair density will be calculated gathering grey scale values, where white pixels is full density, black pixels account for no hair, and grey values will be used to calculate interpolated densities.”***

Link to YT movie: http://youtu.be/K5TxOupsdFg

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:41 AM

More cool bits ... Thanks Alex!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:43 AM

You are welcome, Richard!

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:02 AM

Attached Link: Commercial Products forum

PS.... links at the new forums at DAZ do work and since your doing that here might be worth setting up a thread in the Commercial Forum so you can build more excitment! :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:17 AM

Good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:24 AM

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DisparateDreamer posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 1:02 PM

Oh my.... I thought Alessandro knew about that already cuz I've been checking to see if there's a new thread there every day! HAH so glad you mentioned it RamWolff! :)

Thanks for the new videos, I love seeing how much functionality is in LAMH! Fabulous!

papillon68 posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 4:50 PM

Will certainly open a thread also there, but you know what? I'm going to wait until the forum are fixed, because right now are barely usable and, if I may say it... ugly

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 7:42 PM

Tell me about it..  Thank GOD for "Color This Site" addon for Firefox!   Made it much better on my eyes!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:13 AM

MY GOODNESS, Alex!!  I WANT :)  All those videos were so cool, my favorite is the grey/black/white maps for density.

Quote - By Ramwolff: PS.... links at the new forums at DAZ do work and since your doing that here might be worth setting up a thread in the Commercial Forum so you can build more excitment! :-)

Yea, good, post at Daz for the people there, BUT DON'T FORGET about people who are banned there, Daz3D loves banning people (and there are a lot of us) so we hang it here (I like it here anyways)... ;)  so don't forget about us, buddy :) ...wolfie

Carri58 posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:34 AM

Well I'm not banned ,I just can't post in the DAZ forums at this time soo I like knowing what's going on with AA's LAMH stuff too :biggrin:

papillon68 posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:40 AM

Well, DAZ forums right now are so ugly that really can't be used, in my opinion. I'm really surprised the released the forums in this status.

Anyway, I will certainly keep posting also here at Renderosity as well, so that the same content will be available as well.

My Rendo Store

papillon68 posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:40 AM

BTW, hang on because there is a new render i did today coming in few minutes...

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:41 AM

Trust me, if they don't get it together I might adopt these forums.  Your not forgotten Wolfie, just missed by allot of folks.  The forums work over there but they are such a mess.  Instant Email Notificatons, if there is more than one page, will take you to the top of that thread rather than to the page and post (like the old forums), no color schemes so you have to rely on "Color This Site" or some other similar plugin for your browser to change it up and currrenly there isn't anything for IE so they are left with an overly bright white and gray interface... it's just not exciting... they should have chosen a gaming theme for the site since it is a 3D sort of site.  No avatars either... bummer!  Few other things but those 3 things are very irksome! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:45 AM

Hurray!! :thumbupboth:

papillon68 posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:58 AM

Attached Link: Artic Fox: furred!

As from the blog:

”Arctic fox: furred!

I cheated on this because I used a red fox model (arctic foxes look a little bit different, more compact and less skinny, slightly different head shape.
The process of creating fur was straightforward and, believe it or not, I didn’t need to comb hair at all.
The whole fur has been accomplished using the taper, spherize and length deformers, and the randomize roots and randomize length on full hair.
Used the scale tool a little bit just to balance some fur spots, and rendered in 22 minutes using the advanced shader provided with LAMH.
Added a subtle HDR toning to enhance contrast a bit.
Hope you like it…”

CLICK TO SEE THE FULL SIZE IMAGE

Here is the blog post: take a look at the difference between furred and not furred:

http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/2012/05/arctic-fox-furred.html**

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 11:31 AM

Thanks a lot, Alex! :)  Your fox looks EXCELLENT!  My goodness when we can render that in DS, talk about hog heaven!  I can bet all or most hair vendors will drop their static hair creation and adopt to the LAMH creation, and sales will really rock (well, for those who don't want to or don't have time to create their own hairs)!

Just curious, how do you color the hairs?  And can you do something like a random color (where there are two or more colors mixed in the hair) and something like a "fade color to color" (like a dark haird chick dyed her hair blond, then it's growing out)?  Or am I going too far in the future? lol :D

Brother Wolff, yes, I do know what you mean by Daz3D's new forum.  To them and some the forum looks "modernized" with that color theme and the way it's set up, and most don't have a problem looking at all that white, but yes, they do need to do something for those who can't handle such bright colors.  As for all the playing around with colors option... eh honestly I don't care for it, but if they can give the option to change the colors where it's not so bright, they might as well go the extra tiny step to add more color choices.  What you said about the email notification, yes, that's terrible, but they'll probably fix that as well.

The thing is, they're very strict to where you can't express your opinion without the chances of getting banned, and they're ban happies, so we over here would like to chime in and encourage our favorite vendors as well, and join in on all the fun :)  I'd sure like to see more traffic in the Daz Studio forums here!

Rendo's forums are terrible for FireFox users though, seems they skipped FireFox compatibility (the copy/paste don't work unless you use your keys... CTRL-C for copy, CTRL-V for paste), but I can deal with it, forums aren't gonna be perfect for everyone.

Alex, thanks again buddy!  I'm certainly continueing my watch here :)

...wolfie

papillon68 posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 11:38 AM

Hi wolfie,

glad you liked the fox!

Well, the shaders provided with LAMH allow to define a root color/texture, a tip color/texture, a specular color/texture. So this allows, for example, to perform a "fade color to color" operation as you wrote.

Also, since the shaders allow to plug a texture as well, you can virtually define roots, tips and specular colors so that they follow texture mapping: possibilities are really huge, especially with animal fur or hair with lot of color variations.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:04 PM

Now that is awesome!!! :)

Is it ready for release yet?

Hum...? hum...?

hehe :D

RAMWorks posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:17 PM

The fox looks AWESOME... do a wolf next, do a wolf.  You have to Wolf's right here that wanna see!  lol 

@ Wolfie... I'm sure DAZ will get around to the forums eventually but right now they are busy with the store bugs..... I think they jumped the gun on this as impatient as i was for it to finally happen, it's pretty yukky on allot of fronts... it is what it is for now I guess. 

I'm a Firefox user as well.  I'm used to having that blasted pop up yelling at me that I can't copy and paste! lol 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quote - The fox looks AWESOME... do a wolf next, do a wolf.  You have two Wolf's right here that wanna see!  lol 

(bold is my correction) oooooooooohhhhhhh yes, a wolf!!  lol :D

Quote - I'm a Firefox user as well.  I'm used to having that blasted pop up yelling at me that I can't copy and paste! lol 

lol, I was one pissed puppy... err... wolfie (lol) when that started happening lol, it's quite annoying, but because of that, I remember the short cut keys very well.  I'm just thankful the html thingy still works for us here, so they didn't neglect us all the way thankfully!

Carri58 posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:32 PM

AA that fox is beautiful I am so looking forward to useing LAMH on the critters!!:woot:

Carri58 posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 7:54 PM

AA where are you??:ohmy: so what happening???😕Where'd everybody go??? Umm .......:unsure:

Waiting :bored:..........waiting .......:bored:.I never realized how often I checked the forums until now .......😊

Is LAMH soup yet???:huh:

jamminwolf posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:34 PM

lol... :)

RAMWorks posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:46 PM

BREATH!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:47 PM

MUAHAHAHAHA!

RAMWorks posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:59 PM

Oh BEE HAIVE! lol

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:23 PM

Moi? :D  You gotta know me by now, brother :) lol

RAMWorks posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 11:49 PM

Not you silly!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 11:55 PM

OOOOoooooooo Look  Wolfies!!! :thumbupboth:Hi Guys!!! There is other life out here still😉 ,this being stuck as a lurker is starting to suck .........:crying:

jamminwolf posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 12:47 AM

Quote - OOOOoooooooo Look  Wolfies!!! :thumbupboth:Hi Guys!!! There is other life out here still😉 ,this being stuck as a lurker is starting to suck .........:crying:

LOL!  Yep, indeed there is life after death... err... I mean, life after lurk :D hehe  I can just hear the "internet" angels singing, "he's alive and all is well!" lol :D

RAMWorks posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 1:18 AM

Uh oh... I've been discovered!  :woot:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 9:45 AM

Now the question is where the heck is AA and what's happening with LAMH, that's my big question,has it gone to the testers?? Is it close to be ready?? Will he give out another teaser??

RAMWorks posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 10:48 AM

Well when someone that talented is quiet he's probably slaving away fixing stuff the testers have found or adding in more cool stuff. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 10:54 AM

Quote - Now the question is where the heck is AA and what's happening with LAMH, that's my big question,has it gone to the testers?? Is it close to be ready?? Will he give out another teaser??

All well here guys! I'm finishing last corrections and I'll be ready to enter beta-test in a couple of weeks. So we're getting close and, as testers will start their work, expect more teasers here...

My Rendo Store

papillon68 posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quote - Well when someone that talented is quiet he's probably slaving away fixing stuff the testers have found or adding in more cool stuff. 

Since when are you telephatic? LOL

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 11:24 AM

Oh didn't you know Alex??  lol

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:27 PM

Aaaaah! Good to hear ,sorry I didn't mean to inturupt ......but glad to hear you are still hard at work.

Ya ,ya gotta watch out when the wolfman is around!!

RAMWorks posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:38 PM

GRRRRRRRRR arf arf arf! wags tail :tongue1:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:44 PM

Hehehehehehhehehe

RAMWorks posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:51 PM

😄  :tongue1: 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:33 PM

Hello guys, as from the blog:

"Mammoth: furred!
Finally also the Mammoth get some fur! I recorded the whole process and will also make a Youtube movie to show how easily did that in Look at my Hair.
For now, just take a look at the renders and enjoy!"

Post with higher resolution renders here: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/2012/06/mammoth-furred.html

Mammoth: furred!

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:39 PM

STUNNING!  Are you going to offering these presets as part of the main pack or as an addon package?  That would be cool!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:41 PM

I'll certainly include some presets for most common figures.

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 7:11 PM

AWESOME!! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 8:12 PM

OMG!! Wolly Mamouth!! Love it!!

Bea posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:40 PM

These are stunning. Are you still posting at DAZ? I did look for a post from you over there to see how things were moving along.

papillon68 posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 3:53 AM

I'm posting both here and at DAZ, at the LAMH official thread: www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/13045/

My Rendo Store

papillon68 posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 7:12 AM

There you go with a couple of fluffy caimans…

First one with fur colors transferred from underlying body texture, second one with a punk fur, violet blending to orange/yellow!

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 10:48 AM

hmmmm I not seeing fluffy anything ......looks like the pics didn't load .......ooops my bad now they are there ........cute!!

papillon68 posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 4:00 PM

As from the blog:

“More work on the Mammuth
I had to make new movies for the “Making the Mammuth” tutorial movies, and so I decided to do some renders.
Here is a new render done in Studio 4.5 and a “ice age” composition.
I think tomorrow I’ll be able to upload the movies, in my opinion are really worth a look.”

My Rendo Store

Guardian_Angel_671 posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 10:04 PM Forum Coordinator

oh wow i can't wait to try this either. will it be easy for easily confused peeps lol.(i get stuff confused easy).

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

papillon68 posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 4:41 AM

I think it's pretty easy to use, yes. It just takes to get a little familiar with comb, scale and scissors tools to shape the hair. And deformers, which allow to easily do large scale modifications.

My Rendo Store

papillon68 posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 5:27 PM

If you guys are interested, here is the first movie about the "Making of the Mammoth"!

Link to Youtube movie (remember to watch it HD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1Qlh4E184

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf posted Wed, 06 June 2012 at 12:17 AM

LMAO never seen an hairy crocodile, too funny!  This will bring some wild imaginations for people to play with hehe :)

Will watch your video after this render, I know it will be interesting, always liked your videos :)

RAMWorks posted Wed, 06 June 2012 at 2:32 AM

Taps mic tap tap tap Is this thing on??  We would most assuredly love to see a wolf or no lollipop for you!  I'm head of the Lollipop Guild and we will have a wolf or we will sic the Munchkins on you and tickler torture you!    :woot:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Guardian_Angel_671 posted Wed, 06 June 2012 at 12:03 PM Forum Coordinator

yep was thinking this would be awesome for a wolfman render:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Bea posted Wed, 06 June 2012 at 9:53 PM

I just think it is awesome :) :)

papillon68 posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 10:55 AM

As from the blog:

"Grizzly cub: furred!
Look at my Hair beta 1.0 is ready and will be dispatched to beta testers next week.
So I have some spare time to play with it and today I decided to do a test render on a Poser/DAZ figure I started some time ago: the Grizzly Cub.
Here are two renders and two screenshots showing Look at my Hair in action.
Hope you like it!"

As usual check out on my blog: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/ to see images full size.

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 11:27 AM

OMG!!! I seem to keep saying this is so great AA,saveing my pennies ,can't wait for this to hit the store!!

Guardian_Angel_671 posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 12:07 PM Forum Coordinator

i soooo want this.I'd a signed up ta test but lost your blog link to follow it.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Bea posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 7:32 PM

I just keep wondering when this is going to be ready it is looking so good.

Guardian_Angel_671 posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 11:05 PM Forum Coordinator

i know lol.i'm dying for "realistic" critters lol

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

papillon68 posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 7:36 AM

Quote - I just keep wondering when this is going to be ready it is looking so good.

I think we are ready to enter beta-testing next week.

My Rendo Store

Bea posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 10:09 AM

You know we are all aching to volunteer :) :)

papillon68 posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 11:52 AM

Quote - You know we are all aching to volunteer :) :)

Yep, and I received more than 300 applications for the beta test team. Unfortunately I will be able to allow only a small number.

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 6:48 PM

Hehehe yep I think if you had 300 testers you might find a drop in sales..... but I'll keep waiting for HAIR ,down to there HAIR, fabuluos HAIR ......hmmm I think I better find the words to that song...........

Guardian_Angel_671 posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 9:28 PM Forum Coordinator

my werewolf is just dying for a nice wolfy look:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Carri58 posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 6:21 PM

Well I'm still here,waiting for word from the great unknown .........how's testing going AA?

jamminwolf posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:21 AM

Am lurking from the dark corner of my work area (have my own product project going as well), sneaking here, just waiting... this is just gonna be so exciting!!

Love the wolf and bear renders, absolutely stunning!!  Now I can actually use my wolf that I bought a few years back at Daz3D :)

Hmm... armpit hair for the women anyone? LOL kidding :)

...wolfie

papillon68 posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 3:33 AM

Not much to report, if not that I’ve completed the beta build for Windows (that was a tough work, Windows totally suxxx IMO).
I expect to deliver the beta build during the weekend, and so hopefully testers will produce images, renders and some teasers…

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 12:23 PM

Well since I don't know anything except Windows:blink:(Vista) it's what I learned on ,I'll take your word that it suxxx:unsure: .......But I will say thank you :wub:for makeing sure it works in Windows !!! Suxy or not,looking forward to some more teasers .:thumbupboth:

papillon68 posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 4:39 PM

Yep, sorry for my comment: actually it was more of a rant, and obviously my personal opinion. I was just angry that Windows porting, as usual, it's always a PITA.

But now everything runs smooth...

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 5:39 PM

Oh !! Don't apologize!! Everyone has the right to their own opinions about stuff,and while it's all I know ,I have called it Lots of "Unladylike names" cause it pissed me off ........course then there are the times I have to go back and face the fact it was the user (me)at fault.....is it weird to aplogize to your computer???

Glad to hear everything is running smooth!! Have a good weekend!!

RAMWorks posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 8:03 PM

WINDOWS ROCKS...

most of the time!  :tt2:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 10:19 PM

RAMWolf  you soooo silly!!!:lol:

RAMWorks posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 11:15 PM

You should see me in person..... no on second thought that might be a bad idea!  :tt2:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Sat, 16 June 2012 at 4:54 PM

Ha!! I've already seen a picture of you ..........and it looks GOOD:thumbupboth: wolfie!! Personality wise I think it would be fun!!:laugh: Silly is good!!:woot:

RAMWorks posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 12:20 AM

Ah shuks.  Thanks!  :blushing:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 5:45 PM

Wow!! Wolfie blushes!!

Sooooo where are our teasers??? Ummm I just got a flash of old lady hair teased out and boufanty......

RAMWorks posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 6:43 PM

Little story while we wait... most know I'm gay... so here goes... UPS man came in the other day.  I've had a mad crush on this guy for years and years but always played it cool.  He's friendly, Latin, GORGEOUS and best of all.. really nice and friendly.  Like someone you would want to go have drinks with and get to know... So I was getting my U-Verse from AT&T in place.  Had sent off for a new router from Cisco but of course that's not going to work with AT&T's proprietary U-Verse signal so needed to have that package refused and make sure my work mates accepted the AT&T package.  SO in comes the UPS man.... The Cisco package had been delivered the day before but Cisco didn't send it with any identifiable name of the package so one of the gals I work with accepted it.  SO I had it taped  up and ready when he came in.  I excused myself from my client and went up to the front desk (I'm a hair dresser by trade) to greet the UPS man (of my dreams :lol: ) and ask if he could take the unwanted Cisco package back.  He said "Of course, no worries" "Now all I need is my AT&T package.  He said "and here it is" handing it to me, I signed and as I signed I said "if you were girl I'd kiss you, I really needed to be delivered today" This gal I work with chirped up "Oh Richard youd LOVE to kiss him any way" I about fell down.  Needless to say he and I were the color of beets and laughing about it but OMG.. I so wanted to kill Suzanne for that!  lol Cats out of the bag, he knows I have a crush on him now thanks to her continued little pokes at me.... she's so evil but in a good way.  I sure hope he doesn't avoid me next time!  I'd be very sad! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yep, I'd probably do exactly what your friend Suzanne did,just for the tickle,besides ya never know he might be interested too,and if not well it's still fun to admire,but personal opinion would be if he avoids ya ,then he deserves a kick in the butt.So here's a question .....I know UPS guys are in and out fast(delivering) have ya offered him a haircut??given him a card??

Oh yeah it's ok to ignore or not answer  just me being curious(nosey)

Have ya noticed they don't have an innocent face smilie??

RAMWorks posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 9:27 PM

No, he's got a really good hair dresser.  In fact when he was in I also complimented him on his cut, looks really nice on him.  It's OK.. I doubt after all these years he would let something like that bother him.  IIRC he's got a girlfriend or married.  He's still one sexy, nice guy to deal with though.  :blushing:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 9:43 PM

I sure hope they get the forums over at DAZ fixed up soon:bored:,it's frustrateing being only able to lurk over there and hard as heck to keep up with the threads I was interested in .......

But I do thank you RAMWolf for keeping me company😄 ,I hope AA is busy working on LAMH,cause I am so looking forward to makeing hairy critters ......:woot:

RAMWorks posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 10:05 PM

Me too hon!  XO

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 9:43 AM

Well the biggest plus being I have spent most of my time reorganizeing my content folders to my satisfaction,which is pretty cool, and editing some files that I've been putting off. Haven't done much art but when I get this stuff done I'll be able to just play.

But it's funny how much you can look forward to seeing what's going on with the people in the forums,how you sorta get to know the personalities , virtual friends ,it's becomeing a smaller world with the internet ...........

RAMWorks posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 10:26 AM

Oh, with all this going on with DAZ got me motivated as well.  Got my 9 full body morphs for Bruno for Genesis pretty much wrapped up.  Organized my Content folders as well.  Of course now the Smart Content folder won't work very well since I've moved so much stuff around, really kinda stupid but that's the way it goes so I just use the Content Manager in DAZ Studio instead.  I like Smart Content but the way they have the Meta Data written, you move it around, you have to recreate the Meta Data.  Sorry, don't want to do that, too much work.  YUK! 

Right now I have the DAZ team looking at one of my morphs ... its seems that the Arms Up/Down dial when posing Bruno Chunky 01 causes some really bad deformations in the shoulders.  But that only happens when I release the cursor from the Arms Up/Down dial.  Apparently there are corrective "Bulge" maps that kick in and it's not very pretty in my opinion.  So waiting on some answers and maybe a solution.  I'm very proud of my morphs.

If you have a Facebook page and can tolerate my political rantings you can friend me there and I have uploaded all 12 images for the shapes I've made in ZBrush to that gallery there.  (I made 3 muscle shapes WITHOUT the Bruno face so folks could play with those too). You can find me under "Richard A. McCormick"

Yea, getting allot done with DAZ being so weird since the change over!  lol

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 1:18 PM

I wasn't happy with the Smart content ,probably cause I'm stubborn and already had things the way I liked'em and could find'em,so I don't use the Smart content,Ijust organize so I know where things are.

Yep I did see your thread on Bruno,I use the texture of your original Bruno on M4 ,I used texture converter on it ......that is definitely a big plus on Genesis ,takeing the different UV's.

So far I've managed to dodge the Facebook club ,but I'll keep that in mind.

So we don't take AA thread totally off track,Where is LAMH???!! my brain keeps thinking of other things we could make hairy that we haven't been able to ,pits,p---s,nostrils .........,

RAMWorks posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 1:24 PM

Probably busy with the beta team at this point ... if not preparing the beta.... takes time to set all that up. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 2:17 PM

Hi guys, yes we started the beta just yesterday and we are testing and nuking LAMH in any possible way.

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 2:18 PM

Hurray!!!

RAMWorks posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 2:30 PM

WOO HOO

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

coldrake posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 6:12 PM

Being able to create multiple hair groups is huge. For animals such as a musk ox which have under and outer coats we'll be able to create fur that is true to the animal.

Every time I see something new I'm truly amazed at how well you are thinking everything through, not missing any feature that might be needed. Thank you for all the time and effort you're putting into this, it's greatly appreciated.

The bear cub and mammoth are amazing, and I love the caiman! I see myself spending weeks just entertaining myself putting hair on every critter in my runtime, (whether they're supposed to have hair or not!) before I get around to making a finished render!:laugh: It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to work with.😄

I think this is going to be a very, very successful product for you, and I'm really looking forward to it's release.

Coldrake

papillon68 posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 6:35 PM

Thank you Coldrake, much appreciated.

There are indeed several features that I hope will finally give Studio users the possibility to do hair in a creative way. As you mentioned multiple hair groups is one of those, as it is also the "texture transpher" feature (i.e. fur gathering colors from the underlying model, which works even for exported .obj files), and also the way styling works which, IMO, is quite intuitive and entertaining.

Creating this application was no game, really tough maths and programming involved. As some said in the forums, I should have called it "Look at my Hair... left!" :)

Sometimes I felt lost but I always kept going, adding features, solving issues one by one, with the aim to produce something new, something that all Studio users would enjoy and use for their creations. I hope I'll succeed in this. Time will tell :)

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 7:54 PM

and you still have a full head of hair too! :thumbupboth:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 8:22 PM

I was gonna say if working on LAMH made AA pull his own hair out,is he useing the LAMH to hide the fact???

I take my hat off to those who can program!! cause that's totally beyond me ......and  I'm real grateful to use their programs!!

RAMWorks posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 8:43 PM

Hey, I can't even 'get' how to create a jcm for Genesis without hair falling out of my head.  SO yea, HATS off to you Alex.  Hugs too! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 1:55 AM

Quote - and you still have a full head of hair too! :thumbupboth:

Yes, that's a miracle! LOL

My Rendo Store

papillon68 posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 1:56 AM

Quote - I was gonna say if working on LAMH made AA pull his own hair out,is he useing the LAMH to hide the fact???

Hey, this is briliiant. I'll try! LOL

My Rendo Store

durf posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 4:12 AM

how far is the developing project running about dynamic-hair?

as animator i'm only interested in dynamic hair.

papillon68 posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 4:25 AM

Hi durf, that is all to be done. Right now I'm focusing on releasing version 1.0 and have no time left to continue developing or adding new features.

Will work on that after 1.0 will be released, hopefully in a few weeks.

My Rendo Store

Kerya posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 6:31 AM

Ahhh! Here you are!

I looked for you.

sits down and watches

papillon68 posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 10:47 AM

A mandrill, created out of the Genesis Gorilla. Exported the head and neck in ZBrush, morphed it, made a very basic texture and imported in LAMH. Created the hair, styled, rendered. Made some adjustments and a little bit of HDR toning in second image.

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 10:55 AM

Nice work!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 6:43 PM

OOOOooooooooooo wow that just reminded me we don't have DS or Poser baboons ,........may have to start a thread about that !!

That looks fabulouss!! AA , wow!! Is it soup yet??!!

How about now???!!

Okay I'll just sit here some more waiting ...........

What about now????.........okay, okay I know sit and be quiet .........I'll try ........

RAMWorks posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 7:50 PM

OMG, It's LIVE! :scared:

I'm so evil!  :tt2:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 8:19 PM

Heheeheeheheh ,ACKGH! hheheh HairBall .........oops!

RAMWorks posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 9:34 PM

Ooo, cough that sucker up!  YUK!  :lol:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 9:58 PM

Yep yuck  ....now do I blame the hairball on LAMH or do I blame Wolf fur????

RAMWorks posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 11:52 PM

Hehehe... not tellin'!  :lol:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 9:26 AM

Ummmm figures .......I'm just gonna go rake my tongue now ,then go to work  ........blewahahh!!

Oh hey any word on the Gemoligical shader??

RAMWorks posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 10:38 AM

No.  Both gals are NOT happy with the new forums.  So it's hard to say where they are with the development of that at this point.  Very sad how so many projects just stopped or just don't know where they are.  At least we know that Alex is still hard at work. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 4:40 PM

Working very hard indeed. Me and the team already identified so many nasty bugs (as I expected) that some of the tester got sick as well. LOL

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 8:14 PM

The testers got HairBalls??? ooooooo not good  .......AA you expected bugs so I'm gonna assume you got bug killer up your sleeve ........

I couldn't even find the thread at all even to lurk .....I am VERY grateful to AA for popping in here,so I can know what's going on with something ......

RAMWorks posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 9:17 PM

Aww, that's not good.  I hope every one gets all that fur out of their throats! 

Oh and Carrie, not sure if you use Firefox but I created a really nice theme using "Color This Site" Very easy to set up and implement if you have that plugin installed.  Let me know...

Thread is here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2501/

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 9:33 PM

I have Firefox but it's not my primary browser, tried it to see if I could get into the forums, it worked for 2 days and then I was back to being a lurker ,damn forum won't let me log in ...... .But I'll go check that out for some day ........thank you Richard.

Sooo I go and lurk around to see if anything new or interesting is happening ,sigh alot and come back here .......

But you oughta see the colors I used in DS4 , ........blinding  ,but I like ,so that's good

RAMWorks posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 10:39 PM

:blink:  I like calm colors or my eyes go all wonky!  HUGS

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 6:20 AM

I'm just getting so excited about your development, Alex!  Love mandrill, it looks soooooooo cool and the hair so realistic!  And I'm focused on more realistic renders then anything these days, so that's gonna be real exciting!!!

Hey, brother Wolff!  I read your "UPS" story, hahaha poor guy.  That gal sounds like my kinda gal, to poke fun and pick on friends :) I do that all the time hehe :)

Finally done with my project, but eh... promos are always so difficult... that is.. the arrangements parts, and my procrastination gets the best of me at times.  The teen/kids promos almost done, then onto the adult sighs

...wolfie

Carri58 posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 7:05 AM

Well I like bright colors they tend to make me feel energetic,I also like calm colors too, come to think about it I like just about every color ,just depends on what mood I'm in at the moment ......and so far so good,most of the time the brights don't bother my eyes,but I do know the wonky feeling,where it feels(at least for me) like your eyes want to just fall out,accompanied by an intense headache,which makes you think the eyeballs falling out could be a good thing ......and the blurring,diffuculty focusing .......which in turn makes it really hard to stay in a good mood or be civil..... ya not fun .And in your business you definitely need your eyes in good shape.

Have a good day ,talk at ya later.

RAMWorks posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 9:21 AM

Hey Brother Wolf.  Glad your project is on it's way to completion ... promos are a total bitch to do but it's what helps sell a product! 

Morning Carri... yea, I don't get the headaches so much but my eyes just force themselves to close if it's too garrish.  Kinda like being in strong sun light making you squint! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 9:42 PM

Hey RAMWolf have you got that JCM issue figured out yet??I was doing my lurking thing in the DAZ discussion forum and I found this thread thought it might be something that could help ,or there is a link in the thread to some documentation on the JCMs ........oh ! almost forgot the link.....

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2160/

jamminwolf posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 10:11 PM

Quote - by RAMWolff
Hey Brother Wolf.  Glad your project is on it's way to completion ... promos are a total bitch to do but it's what helps sell a product!

(bold emphasized by me)  Especially being a nit picker like I am lol, sometimes I kick myself for being so picky, but yes, great promos do sell, I certainly agree! :)

RAMWorks posted Fri, 22 June 2012 at 12:04 AM

Hey Carri,  Yea, I have that link and others that were pointed out to me.  I have to reve up to learning new stuff like that... let the info sink in before plodding ahead or my head will explode and it will be a bloody mess!  :lol:

Yup, Wolfie, I get ya totally! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Fri, 22 June 2012 at 11:27 AM

Sounds like you need some duct tape...... it'll keep your head from explodeing......however you might want to wait until after LAMH comes out,cause you'll need it once the duct tape is removed ......the good thing about that is ....it is so much easier to clean up then blood ,all the hair just sticks to the tape so easy clean up .Sometimes I have to read through things half a dozen times before things fall into place and the proverbial light comes on .......and sometimes it turns out to be only a 4 watt nightlight, back to reading somemore ......

RAMWorks posted Fri, 22 June 2012 at 6:41 PM

I get allot of 4 watt ideas and sometimes I'm brilliant!  lol  Just finished the 3rd installment of "Wolffie" green UI improvements for the new DAZ website.  Over 70 elements changed out using Color That Site!  I think I'll do a boring black with white and gray with splashes of blue next for those that want a very styilized "Artsy" web look.  I'm having fun!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 posted Thu, 28 June 2012 at 9:57 PM

Sooo how's it going?? Been stuck with no internet for a couple of days,that's frustrating.!!and still unable to mingle at the DAZ forums .........also frustrating ........but at least for the moment I'm back ........and wondering how the testing is going AA???Still killing the bugs??

RorrKonn posted Wed, 04 July 2012 at 3:32 AM

D/S 4 Pro is a WIP ,Might as well release ya plug , ah now :)

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Bea posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 8:45 AM

Any more news yet?

papillon68 posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 4:20 PM

Hi folks, sorry for the lack of updates. After the first beta was out, as I expected there was an awful load of corrections, issues and things to improve and change.

I literally drown into lines of code, formulas and designing some features from scratch.

I should be able to deliver the second beta in a few days and continue the process of testing. As that will happen, I'll ask testers to kindly produce some renders so that you can be a little busy watching those at least.

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 5:21 PM

Keep up the great work Alex. 

Hugs,

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Bea posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 7:02 PM

Thank you :)

Carri58 posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 8:29 PM

Well I don't know how that happened,I made a blank post ???!! Oh well

Glad to hear from you AA, was begining to worry that we'd have to stock up on Nair  (hair remover) and go looking for you .......Thank you for the update ,soooo I'll just keep waiting and watching and waiting and watching ........

bobvan posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 9:05 AM

Is it going to be Reality/ LUX compatible?

papillon68 posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 9:09 AM

Yes, since it is capable of exporting hair as .obj files, you can export to Reality/LUX directly from Studio, as you usually do also with other models.

My Rendo Store

bobvan posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 9:30 AM

Quote - Yes, since it is capable of exporting hair as .obj files, you can export to Reality/LUX directly from Studio, as you usually do also with other models.

Cool!

durf posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 6:29 AM

who hoew time enough to include dynamics not?

flashback37 posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 4:17 PM

Anything happening here? I'm still hoping to get a Fuzzy someday.

papillon68 posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 10:40 AM

Hi, sorry for the lack of updates. I wanted to reassure everybody that I'm working on it each and every day. I entered in a world of pain after I decided to redesign how all the data is organized and managed by the application. It was a painful but necessary step as it will allow for greater flexibility and speed.

I'm quite close to release the 2nd beta to testers.

My Rendo Store

Carri58 posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 8:10 PM

Glad to hear from you AA,was getting afraid that you had gotten tangled in a hairball and unable to escape.

Hope you are out of the pain world,and moveing into satisfaction.

UVDan posted Sat, 01 September 2012 at 2:47 AM Forum Moderator

I am so liking what I have seen so far.  Gonna have to pimp out V4 to pay for it though.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!