Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Importing Max into Poser

br0ken opened this issue on May 01, 2001 ยท 12 posts

br0ken posted Tue, 01 May 2001 at 8:48 AM

my main problem with importing my models into poser is that when i create something in max it looks fine and renders fine in max -- but when i import it into poser it ends up with black jagged holes in it in some places. i import it into uvmapper and use the remove degenerate facets command, but it still does it. it seems to be around areas where ive joined 2 objects together with a boolean union. does anyone know what im doing wrong? im working on some dwarven warriors with armor that ill eventually put in the freestuff section, but their plate armor is causing me problems like this. ive already got the chainmail shirts and leather clothing, but their chestplates, helmets and shoulder plates always come up with these jagged holes. ive modeled them 3 times already starting from scratch and i always get the same thing. why do they render fine in max but come up looking like crap in poser? another model i did a week ago did the same thing, where i had joined a sphere to a cube with a boolean union it had several black polygonal holes around it when i rendered it in poser. if anyone wants examples ill be glad to post them. thanks in advance for any assistance. -broken