Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Is it Normal to Have to Apply Certain MATs made for Poser Manually in DAZ Studio

TheOwl68 opened this issue on May 12, 2012 · 22 posts

TheOwl68 posted Sat, 12 May 2012 at 10:48 AM

Hi there~ maybe someone can elaborate on this question for me~ or at least let me know that I'm not imagining this.

I'm a DAZ user and occasionally when trying to apply MATs to clothing or other models, they simply will not load & I have to go searching for them in the runtime folders and apply them manually. This has happened with such regularity that I am assuming it is normal for DAZ...or am I doing something drastically wrong here?

I would consider myself and 'intermediate' user of DAZ and have gotten to understand the runtime structure pretty well, able to move things if they're not packaged correctly, etc. But when items are packaged perfectly I still get the same issue if the product is both Poser and DAZ compatible. I don't own any versions of Poser and therefore not at all familiar with this software.

Also, just to note, I have downloaded/purchased textured objects, clothing, etc where in the ReadMe file the creator has specified that DAZ users may need to load the textures, bumps, et al manually~ another reason I am thinking this is normal.

Any confirmation on this? Thanks for reading =) hope to hear back from someone soon!