Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Help With Textures

charlie43 opened this issue on Jun 04, 2012 ยท 10 posts

charlie43 posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 6:25 PM

Hi, Everyone~

I am slowly but surely learning how to texture clothing made with Phil C's Clothing Designer. I have found CD to be my best avenue of approach in making clothing and can make an item very quickly using Blender for the finishing touches and smoothing. I texture the clothing in Stitch Witch, an app from Kamilche Consulting that is easy to use and makes texturing a snap. Here is my issue:

I have designed a dress with a low scooped neckline and textured it in blue denim. My wife owns two clothing boutiques so it is quite easy for me to find examples to work from. I decided to make a mod to the dress by adding a lace insert in the bodice for "modesty's sake." I textured it in SW, brought the dress into PP 2010 and went into the material room to add the textures. I added them successfully, but when I render the scene, the lace insert does not show up. If you look closely at the dress, you will see the insert in the bodice. Diffuse color is set to white, GC in and out at 1. Rendered in BB's envirosphere with one infinite light set at 109% as I did not want to wash out the blue denim. I'm not very happy with the way the color turned out. It should be darker. I used snarlygribbly's scene fixer to ensure that settings were as close as possible, as I am not too good with GC yet. I deleted the background in PS so that I could highlight the dress and figure better.

What am I doing wrong? As I previously stated, I am still learning. I want to post several of these dresses I have made to the freestuff forum to pay back for all the help I have gotten, but don't wish to present something that even I do not feel is right...

C~

V4 blue-denim-dress