Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Daz Studio 4 64bit memory issues?

superboomturbo opened this issue on Jun 17, 2012 · 20 posts

superboomturbo posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 3:46 PM

My apologies if anyone also saw this on the Daz forum, which seems to have but a handful of posts anymore :-(

Anyhow, I copied what was there if anyone has (useful!) suggestions...

Greetings. I’ve been working with what I think is a memory handicap for quite awhile now and am finally reaching out for a little insight.

When I first came in with DS3 32 bit, I understood that it had a cap of 2GB memory use. I then upgraded to DS3A about 6 months after that, and memory never seemed to be an issue.

Fast forward to the present, I’m working with 12GB of fast DDR3 memory on a great and modern rig, and I ALWAYS run into what feels like a memory leak. Studio slows down further and further after working for a few hours, and eventually it gets to a point where it’s nearly unresponsive. However, in Task Manager, it shows Studio using ~1.01GB of RAM.

Is there a massive amount of memory leak going on, or is there a way to uncap Studio to take advantage of more memory??

Win 7 64 Ultimate
AMD Phenom II 1095T Black hex core
12GB HyperX Ram @2000mhz
(2) GTS 450’s in SLI
Running all the latest drivers
Studio 4 Pro 4.0.3.47

*Someone did suggest upgrading to 4.5, but that's a no go for me as I'm a heavy Reality/Lux user for which 4.5 is not compatible as of this writing.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx