Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: OptiTex Dynamic Clothes

PoppaC opened this issue on Jul 15, 2012 · 9 posts

PoppaC posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 11:20 AM

OK Peeps some real help is needed here.  I have a number of "Opti Tex " I tems and most of then work just great, the only exceptions are the 2 new freebies and 2 that heve been out.  I got in touch with Opti Tex and they say they do not understand why these items will not work becouse the maker of these items says that he has the same setup as I have, but I think not  as the same problem happens on 2 different typs of puters, a desk top and a laptop.  This what happens:          When I try to load the new "Socker Outfit for M4"into DAZ4 the program will close.  If I try and let be the 1st iten or the last iten it will close the program.  This will happen when I try to use these items: Socker Outfit, Boyfriends Sweter, Basic Dress, and Basic dress 2.   I know sone are ment only for DAZ4 and some can be used in DAZ3, but they will not work in either.  Any and all help would be most helpful.

mishamcm posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 11:25 AM

What version of DS4?

PoppaC posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 11:31 AM

DAZ4.0.3.47 -  64bit      

Rayman29 posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 12:23 PM

It seems to be a very hit or miss system thing with dynamic clothing.  All attempts at using it crashed Studio on my 64bit setup.  I got a refund on it.

PoppaC posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 7:07 PM

Sorry for that  but it does not change anything, OptiTex is still the only dynamic clothing we have and I need help, we need help.

Khory_D posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 8:55 PM

" When I try to load the new "Socker Outfit for M4"into DAZ4 the program will close.  If I try and let be the 1st iten or the last iten it will close the program.  This will happen when I try to use these items: Socker Outfit, Boyfriends Sweter, Basic Dress, and Basic dress 2.   I know sone are ment only for DAZ4 and some can be used in DAZ3, but they will not work in either.  Any and all help would be most helpful."

Do other optitex dynamics work for you? Or are these the only ones you have tried? Do you also have the cloth control..which is not the basic dynamics included with studio but the purchased add on? If you have that purchased item are you sure you have the most current version of the plug in? I've had crashes like that but only when I was using an older version of the cloth control.

You should be able to use anything created during the time studio 2 or 3 was current in studio 4. Even on things created for M4 or V4 on genesis. I don't think they can be conformed properly but they can still be used with an animated drape. Be sure to check the characters scale compared to the old character and uncheck everything below the word genesis in the collision tree (from hip down).

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

PoppaC posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 9:23 PM

All others work great in DAZ3&4 and I do have the controler add on as to what ver. of clother I have I do not know but will reset the down load and reinstall it .  These Items that I listed are the only ones that cause the crash . I have about 25 dynamic outfits that is why I fine it strange that there will not work at all.

Khory_D posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 11:48 PM

It still may be the control. I was nearly in tears working on the M4 uniforms because no matter what they crashed studio 4 and I really wanted to do my promo images in it. And on top of that I would have bet money I was up to date on the control and everything else seemed to work fine. Then someone mentioned that they had had to update and I checked "just in case". And that fixed it.. I was pretty thrilled.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

PoppaC posted Mon, 16 July 2012 at 9:34 AM

Thanks Peeps it did seem to be the reinstalling the control plugin will let you  know if I can re-load a presaved set up