Wed, Sep 18, 8:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: New Poser Website is Live...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 11:38 AM

It should be straight forward to center it, either with the CSS... or failing that, the JQuery that's already there, I'd have thought.

I'd tend to just use auto in left and right margin of a container div, set to the desired max width... or something like that. I'm no cross browser expert these days. I have a big knowledge gap between web design as it stood about 7 years ago and HTML5 / CSS3. LOL.

I quite like the left align. But I guess centred might be more universally useable.

Nice simple, but full screen, auto-flowing layouts like Pinterest's are really the dog's bits in my opinion though... at present.

DeviantArt's layout is also very well done I reckon... look at those, when you come to revamp Content Paradise, I'd say 😉

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 1:18 PM · edited Tue, 07 August 2012 at 1:21 PM

Quote - Okay, so, in order to use the site, I have to open FF, click tools, clear history, uncheck all the things I don't want cleared, clear cache, wait while FF clears several GB of cache, close FF, re-open FF, try to remember where the heck it was I saw the URL, and re-load the site.

Just as a tip ... in Firefox all I did was press the Ctrl key while refreshing the page in the browser. That worked for me.

(I'm assuming it would be the Command key for Mac)

If Ctrl or Command doesn't work, try Alt or Option key. I might be remembering wrong)

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 3:56 PM · edited Tue, 07 August 2012 at 3:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - Okay, so, in order to use the site, I have to open FF, click tools, clear history, uncheck all the things I don't want cleared, clear cache, wait while FF clears several GB of cache, close FF, re-open FF, try to remember where the heck it was I saw the URL, and re-load the site.

Just as a tip ... in Firefox all I did was press the Ctrl key while refreshing the page in the browser. That worked for me.

(I'm assuming it would be the Command key for Mac)

If Ctrl or Command doesn't work, try Alt or Option key. I might be remembering wrong)

Ah, I never bother with this option, since it works about 10% of the time for me. So I'd completely forgotten about it. Thanks!

Usually, I use the universally recognized option - close tab. Works 100% of the time. There are very few websites that I absolutely MUST return to. If they're botched when I first load them, I rarely bother with them again.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 8:36 PM

this one looks spiffy.  shows sss and metal shader

http://poser.smithmicro.com/gallery/davina.html

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 8:46 PM

It does!

My point is that the Gallery should show OFF the abilities of Poser 9/2012 and that particular model was a self scan posted by Lee Perry Smith- it has been rendered in Maya, Max, C4D, etc, etc and has become somewhat of a reference.

The current image looks dreadful.

They should take the image down-and replace it with one of BB's or my render. Preferably BB's because I was likely using one of his node setups anyway.

Quote - this one looks spiffy.  shows sss and metal shader

http://poser.smithmicro.com/gallery/davina.html

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 4:31 PM

We actually replaced it with your image Eric. That same day I thought.  You may need to refresh the page or clear your cache.

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2012 at 4:42 PM

Me:

Quote - . . . and I cannot read the links at the bottom w/o mousing over them.

Teyon:

Quote - The lightness of the link color in the footer has been bumped up to make it easier to read.

Huzzah! :D

I never visited the site before this thread, so I have no bias as to what is different; I will wait to see how it settles down before I "study" it.

toastie ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2012 at 7:33 AM

Is the new Poser website anything to do with Content Paradise no longer accepting new sellers?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.