Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: which figure is the more enjoyable to work/play with?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Sep 08, 2012 · 44 posts

MistyLaraCarrara posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 11:44 AM

which figure is the more enjoyable to work/play with? (please, pardon my sentence ending preposition)

it's a weekend afternoon, the weather out is ick,

you're deciding between playing a game or playing with poser/ds.

for relaxation and enjoying the afternoon, which figure are you going to load?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Lully posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 11:49 AM

Depends what mood I am in and I go through waves, at the moment, v4 and gnd a2, last year and 2010 was mavka.  I sometimes go back to A3 as she is classic and hope she never runs away from my runtime. :)

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

Glitterati3D posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 11:56 AM

A weight mapped character.  Any weight mapped character.  At the moment, it's Anastasia and/or Shae, but given a choice, I will go first to a weight mapped character.

Teyon posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 12:00 PM

<--------  This guy but you can't have him yet. Sorry.

LaurieA posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quote - <--------  This guy but you can't have him yet. Sorry.

What a tease....lolol.

Laurie

Teyon posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 12:52 PM

lol. Couldn't help it. He's turning out great though and you didn't hear it from me. Nope, this entire post has been a figment of your collective imaginations. 

Winterclaw posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 1:05 PM

Which game?  I've been enjoying LoL, GW2, and Borderlands lately and I'd probably want to do that first.

That said, V4 is pretty much the only one use.  In fact, I'm making a punk pinup with her right now.  I've been looking at that new female from from RNDA but I haven't decided if I should get her or not yet.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

LaurieA posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 1:09 PM

Quote - lol. Couldn't help it. He's turning out great though and you didn't hear it from me. Nope, this entire post has been a figment of your collective imaginations. 

He's cute. I prefer that style to the huge, doe-eyed look ;).

Laurie

Teyon posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 1:41 PM

Thanks...  looks cautiously side to side though I don't know what figure you're talking about. 

lmckenzie posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 2:15 PM

Enjoyable as in versatile, easy to use etc. probably Aiko 3. Smiley fun Pu Doll, Sara, Sadie, Cookie, Decoco ...

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Kalypso posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 2:20 PM Online Now! Site Admin

If it's between a game and Poser I'll choose Diablo III for now  - waited over 10 years for that one! 

If hubby's playing (we cheapskates bought only one account!) then I'd play around with NearMe cause she's more fun than V4 :)

cedarwolf posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 3:06 PM

What ever lands on the monitor.  Seriously.  I never know where I'm going till I get there.  I'm trying to learn to work with Genesis because I see the potential, but I don't want to have to bust my savings account to get all the parts.  My default is V4++, but mostly because I'm lazy.

cedarwolf posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 3:07 PM

What ever lands on the monitor.  Seriously.  I never know where I'm going till I get there.  I'm trying to learn to work with Genesis because I see the potential, but I don't want to have to bust my savings account to get all the parts.  My default is V4++, but mostly because I'm lazy.

SamTherapy posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 3:33 PM

My STLB4.  No contest.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

3doutlaw posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 5:55 PM

Quote - Which game?  I've been enjoying LoL, GW2, and Borderlands lately and I'd probably want to do that first.

Second, GW2...what an environment!!! 

Otherwise, V4 or Eepo

GeneralNutt posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 5:59 PM

I thinking of taking a break from poser, between gw2, diablo3, and skyrim, but have no idea which one to try.

Poser it's still v4. Though I do like the Daz Troll, A3 and Frankie.

PickledPapaya posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 6:38 PM

I am in a similar boat...but I am slowing my Poser time down, and I am trying to take more time, better quality.  :)  Stop on a scene for a day, come back later, take a fresh look, etc.  Also decided to only do stuff that everyone can enjoy.

Anyway...I was going to get Skyrim...but they never had a sale good enough prior to GW2 release.  Can't speak for diablo...

GW2 is pretty awesome.  The scenery is really great, the mechanics are similar to GW1, but the crafting is cool, and I have yet to try the World versus World...which they say is great.  I recommend it.  👍

toastie posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 7:12 PM

For fun to mess around with and see what turns out - always A3.

Though I'd more likely be playing Skyrim...... ;)

SamTherapy posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 7:59 PM

Well, I'm telling you all, even if you don't even know what a Dalek is, download my freebies and tell me you don't have fun faffing around with them.  :)

As a special offer, get one pack and a second one for half price! :D 

My Store

My Gallery

rokket posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 8:20 PM

I usually open Wings3D and start making a mess that sometimes turns into something cool...

I don't play ANY type of video game, and if I open Poser, it's the G2 characters I usually mess with.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

SamTherapy posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 9:04 PM

Quote - I usually open Wings3D and start making a mess that sometimes turns into something cool...

I don't play ANY type of video game, and if I open Poser, it's the G2 characters I usually mess with.

Very much like me, there.  I used to work in games so I'm sick to death of them now.

My Store

My Gallery

Eric Walters posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 9:11 PM

General Sir

I vote for Skyrim. I quite enjoyed it. Thinking about taking it up again.

I still mess about with V4 most of the time. Weight mapped of course! I'm playing with morphs quite a bit-and right now with shader nodes. I'm never quite happy with the teeth-even with Snarlygribbly's Ez skin. So, I keep experimenting.

Quote - I thinking of taking a break from poser, between gw2, diablo3, and skyrim, but have no idea which one to try.

Poser it's still v4. Though I do like the Daz Troll, A3 and Frankie.

rokket posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - I usually open Wings3D and start making a mess that sometimes turns into something cool...

Very much like me, there.  I used to work in games so I'm sick to death of them now.

I never really got into them. I'm 45 years old, going to be 46 in 3 months. We were dirt poor growing up (keresene lamps for light, wood for heat. NO electricity), and when video game systems became popular, I never gave them a second thought. Didn't get my first computer until 1996, and just got into this hobby a couple years ago. I like it, and wish I would have started sooner so I would be better at it now, but if I hadn't accidently discovered Poser, I wouldn't even use my laptop for anything other than watching movies or p*rn...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

jestmart posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 10:07 PM

What, no votes for SheFreak!  I am on a consent quest to get my ideal SheFreak.  She has to be strong but still femine, confident but sweet and maybe even a bit innocent and niave.

meatSim posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 10:38 PM

I really find antonia WM a joy to play with.  I know she doesnt have the support or Polys of a lot of the other figures, but for just playing around I find her really enjoyable

Quote - which figure is the more enjoyable to work/play with? (please, pardon my sentence ending preposition)

Janl posted Sun, 09 September 2012 at 2:06 AM

My choice would be Cookie, Mavka or Nursoda's characters. They are all great fun! :)

primorge posted Sun, 09 September 2012 at 4:50 AM

Aiko 3, Ball Joint Doll, S1M HER...

Games... Skyrim, The Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3...

Of course it's the weekend and I just received poser 8 in the mail a few days ago... IDL! So more like a sphere primitive, render settings, python, and tutorials. Projects on hold.

Eric Walters posted Sun, 09 September 2012 at 10:59 PM

And a fair percentage of my play is with morphs- Antonia's lower poly count is a negative for me in that regard.

Quote -  

I really find antonia WM a joy to play with.  I know she doesnt have the support or Polys of a lot of the other figures, but for just playing around I find her really enjoyable

Quote - which figure is the more enjoyable to work/play with? (please, pardon my sentence ending preposition)

Paloth posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 12:42 AM

which figure is the more enjoyable to work/play with?

*These days I only work on my own creations. Recently this has inolved going back and forth between Poser and Zbrush for morph creations. 277 morphs and counting on the current project..

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&amp;userid=323368

monkeycloud posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 11:57 AM

Quote - My STLB4.  No contest.

Was just about to say that! Quoted in agreement 😄

FSMCDesigns posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 4:36 PM

Genesis first and then V4

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

PrecisionXXX posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 5:06 PM

Any figure I haven't played with very much already.  Twist, turn, bend, staple and mutilate until the desired result is achieved.

D.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

JoePublic posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 5:16 PM

Sometimes it's fun to see how much I can push older figures with newer technology. Especially the fixed single-axis scaling of SR3 makes things a lot easier than before.

Left is the Poser 4 "Dork" straight out of the box, right is DPHoadley's remapped version using EZSkin and some morphing and scaling by me.

:-)

Snarlygribbly posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quote - Left is the Poser 4 "Dork" straight out of the box, right is DPHoadley's remapped version using EZSkin and some morphing and scaling by me.

That is quite a difference!

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

MistyLaraCarrara posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 9:44 AM

there's some life in the ole boy still  😄

i ended up playing Sims Petz most of the weekend.  i like designing the houses.  there's not enough interior design options.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Kalypso posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 11:21 AM Online Now! Site Admin

Quote - there's not enough interior design options.

Seems you're not downloading enough then :)  Try some of Armonia's houses (she gives complete lists for all the necessary items) and you'll get tons of ideas!

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?PHPSESSID=cdsnt0kitqt298vg3ev1qm7930&board=62.0

GeneralNutt posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 8:06 PM

For all you who suggested skyrim, curse you all! I used to be a poser addict, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Eric Walters posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 8:57 PM

HAHAHA!!

For those who have not played Skyrim-play-and you'll get it. :-)

Quote - For all you who suggested skyrim, curse you all! I used to be a poser addict, then I took an arrow to the knee.

moriador posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 1:05 AM

Ah, Skyrim. After I logged 300 hours, I was done with it. If I'd still been playing when they released the creation kit, I'd have been doomed. Getting into making my own areas and quests, etc could have kept me occupied for a year.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

monkeycloud posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 2:26 AM

Ah, Skyrim...

Hope you make it out the other side General!

😉

dphoadley posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 7:00 AM

My remapped versions of both Posette: PosetteV3, and Judy: P5JudyV3!!  Everything else is Trivial!

dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

dphoadley posted Wed, 12 September 2012 at 7:00 AM

My remapped versions of both Posette: PosetteV3, and Judy: P5JudyV3!!  Everything else is Trivial!

dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

DustRider posted Thu, 13 September 2012 at 8:25 AM

I would have to say G4, and variations based on G4 would be my favorite figure(s). What I like about using G4 is she is quite forgiving when it comes to getting stuck in Uncanny Valley. Even using V4 with moderate G4 influences/variations, you can still get enough toon in the figure, so your mind automatically thinks "hmmm .... very realistic looking toon" rather than "hmmm ..... very realistic looking figure, but something isn't right".

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

aeilkema posted Fri, 14 September 2012 at 1:54 AM

I'm going to pick the game instead. If I want relaxation and enjoy my afternoon I'm not going to start up poser at all. I'm going to switch on the xbox360, pop in a driving game (like Fuel or Testdrive Unlimited) or perhaps challenge my son for a game of soccer or race against him. But the chances that I end up playing some board games with the family, if they're around, if not, I may end up with a good book.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk