Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 11 is here :)

Mazak opened this issue on Oct 23, 2012 · 25 posts

Mazak posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 2:16 PM

Dear Bodo,

Vue 11 Infinite, a major upgrade to one of your products under maintenance, will soon be shipping. As part of your maintenance contract, you will receive this new product at no charge.

We have also prepared a pre-release version of this product. If you like, you can download this pre-release version right away by following the instructions in this e-mail.

New features available in Vue 11 Infinite include:

Key features of Vue 11 include faster rendering, Illumination Caching, terrain and EcoPainter improvements, 360° population, interactive EcoSystem population, as well as particles. But it's not just particles, it's a new concept of particles! With Vue 11, you can do all the standard stuff that particles are good at, but you can also do a lot more. Rather than creating simple emitters, and having particles grow out of them, we designed a new way of handling particles that is specifically well suited for Digital Nature.

Here is a shortlist of some of the important new features included in Release 11 of Vue:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

ddaydreams posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 3:25 PM

One of the improvents says "terrain" I assume terrrain editor.

I was wondering what emprovent the made there.

Anything obviously new in the terrian editor?

Thanks much for info so far.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

thefixer posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:08 PM

Sounds great..

Let's hope it's bug free and tested properly this time round..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Dale B posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:17 PM

YAAAAAYY! They finally got the particles working! And this has to be the particle tech that Nicholas Phelps was talking about at Philippe's wedding!! 

And I can't be sure, but it looks to me as if the particles as ecosystems, and the 360 generation capabilility, is going to make things like snow falling on barren ground, then building up over time, a possibility. 

Mazak posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:35 PM

Installation was flawless and registration easy. I post some screenshots Ok?

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:35 PM

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:38 PM

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:39 PM

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:44 PM

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:59 PM

Smoke

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 5:10 PM

Falling leaves.

Good Night,

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

randym77 posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 6:04 PM

Wow, that looks really cool.

I am still installing.  They sent me a link, but it was 404.  But logging into my account and asking for new download links worked. 

Paula Sanders posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 7:16 PM

Just tried the Vue 11 briefly on a scene I had been working on in 10.5 Infinite. Two initial impressions. The quick render I did to look at the scene seemed faster and the Ecosystem tools have been changed a lot to give more controls.

Mine also downloaded and installed easily.

martial posted Wed, 24 October 2012 at 5:14 AM

Falling leaves seems very good. Thank for the screendump

I have downloaded the prerelease but not installed for now

When the final version will com , will i reinstall all again or just copy inside the prerelease folder ??

Mazak posted Wed, 24 October 2012 at 5:34 AM

The new 360 Eco system. 

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak posted Wed, 24 October 2012 at 5:36 AM

@martial Always remove the pre-release, its only good for testing.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

scottl posted Wed, 24 October 2012 at 1:39 PM

I have Vue 10 Studio and was going to add Ecopainter...I didnt get the email to try 11 and dont see any info on the website (cornucopia). Want to see about the upgrade cost to 11 studio if possible and 11 Infinite. Guess will wait for info, hope its soon.

arrow1 posted Wed, 24 October 2012 at 4:12 PM

Got my wish for Particles.I hope someone does an easy tutorial on how to use it! Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

thd777 posted Wed, 24 October 2012 at 4:12 PM

Very cool update! Playing with the Vue11 pre-release. Here is a particle experiment. One particle emitter and collision with a box and ground to produce a simple "waterfall" and "river". The particle system seems very easy to use and powerful. Lots of fun ways to control the effect. Lots to learn...

TD

geekatplay posted Thu, 25 October 2012 at 2:46 PM

New tutorials (Vue 101, Discovering Vue 11) will be released week after official Vue release. Include  101 tutorials  with covering all new features. Overview and project based tutorials. Be sure check geekatplay site and youtube channel for tutorials.

Free Vue Tutorials http://www.vuetutorials.com
Weekly new releases.

gillbrooks posted Thu, 25 October 2012 at 4:41 PM

Great 😄  I'm going to need them !

Gill

Terminius posted Thu, 25 October 2012 at 7:20 PM

Lots of animation stuff but still no true plant editing and procedural erosion. Meh!

Mazak posted Fri, 26 October 2012 at 10:04 AM

Attached Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6DQjoT8AI

My first particle test video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6DQjoT8AI

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

geekatplay posted Fri, 26 October 2012 at 1:38 PM

Add effector( ventelator) to this and watch leaves flow away....

Free Vue Tutorials http://www.vuetutorials.com
Weekly new releases.

estherau posted Sat, 10 November 2012 at 9:23 AM

this is in the official vue 11. Genesis pz3 imported into vue is somewhat better.  The keeping poser textures worked and i cannot see the full genesis cage anymore, but the arm is deformed with spare fingers growing from the wrist.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!