Forum: Vue

Subject: Before we all get carried away..............

thefixer opened this issue on Oct 27, 2012 ยท 29 posts

thefixer posted Sat, 27 October 2012 at 3:24 AM

It's great that Vue 11 will finally have particles, the missing link in the software for a while I'm sure many will agree.

It's also great how e-on are pushing this and wanting people to talk about it, and rightly so, and I congratulate them on doing both....

BUT....

There are still outstanding issues dating back to version 8.5 regarding memory problems and Poser imports. I have 32 Gig of RAM now, so point 1 is pretty much taken care of for me, but not for everyone..

Now the Poser import is another thing..over the last few years the complexity of Posers shaders and materials has increased exponentially, Vue it seems didn't keep up..problems with Poser imports have been ongoing since version 6, that was the last version that had good Poser import IMO..

Now I'd like to know if these two issues at least have been fixed before I shell out more of my hard earned to get some nice new toys while the old ones remain broken.....

Does e-on actually still want to actively support Poser as a utility for Vue..?

Nomex suit ready for the inevitable retort from the posters who won't hear a bad word said about Vue...

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.