Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Miki 4.0 Update

Kenmac opened this issue on Nov 01, 2012 · 29 posts

Kenmac posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 2:57 PM

Just received this in my inbox:

"Smith Micro has asked us to inform you that they have uploaded a new file for Miki 4.0 - P9 & Pro 2012 Owners. If you would like to download this update, log in to your account at http://www.contentparadise.com. Simply visit your Order History, find your original order for that product then revisit the confirmation page in order to download the new file.
If your download link has expired, please contact customer service to request a temporary extension so that you can access the new file. Sincerely, Content Paradise Customer Service."

Maybe this has been mentioned before and I don't know what the fixes are, so I downloaded it but be warned, this is a pretty hefty download at 280 megs (Windows version). Maybe Steve Cooper or somebody else from the Smith Micro/Poser team can tell us what fixes or tweaks are in this new Miki 4.0 SR2 version.

nobodyinparticular posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 3:08 PM

Downloading now, at a slow pace. Interesting to see what impovements there are.

Scharmers posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 3:08 PM

I'd like to know myself.  And I certainly would love to be able to even redownload her... clicking on "Order History" doesn't bring up anything at all.  SM's storefront is terrible :(

monkeycloud posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 3:18 PM

I'm downloading the SR2 updates for Miki4 ansd the Clothing Bundle too.

The email I got said Miki4 and Tyler had been updated. But I think it is just Miki4?

I'll get Tyler updates in my download history here now anyway, via purchasing Anastasia... so I'll just go with downloading the Miki4 files from CP I reckon...

foxylady1 posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 3:31 PM

I had to have my download extended from CP, so I had to contact customer service and request an extention.  It specifically said only Miki 4 was updated.  I didn't see anything about Tyler.  Are you sure Monkeycloud, about Tyler?

monkeycloud posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quote - I had to have my download extended from CP, so I had to contact customer service and request an extention.  It specifically said only Miki 4 was updated.  I didn't see anything about Tyler.  Are you sure Monkeycloud, about Tyler?

I don't think there has been any Tyler update. I think it was just the email I got was worded in a potentially confusing way... it said:

"Smith Micro has asked us to inform you that they have uploaded a new file for Miki 4 and Tyler Free for Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 Owners"

But that's just because I downloaded them in their bundle form I think...

Jules53757 posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quote - I had to have my download extended from CP, so I had to contact customer service and request an extention.  It specifically said only Miki 4 was updated.  I didn't see anything about Tyler.  Are you sure Monkeycloud, about Tyler?

Just click on the order number and you will get your DL with about 30 - 40 KB/s

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

paganeagle2001 posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 4:51 PM

And what is new in the  SR2???

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

toastie posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 5:03 PM

Mine just has the whole Miki4 download again and doesn't show any service release. Is that right? Am I supposed to download and reinstall Miki4 or is there a seperate update somewhere?

monkeycloud posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 5:10 PM

The filename has "_SR2" appended to the end... 

nobodyinparticular posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 5:11 PM

My download did say SR2. But all I went through all the files, the only thing that seems to have updated is the uninstall file??????? I could be mistaken.

Jules53757 posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 5:13 PM

No ReadMe about the updates?????? Any ideas?

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

paganeagle2001 posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 5:16 PM

No idea, it would be nice if they gave out the info!!! Lol.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

nobodyinparticular posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 5:18 PM

Readme/ user guide look to be the unchanged.

paganeagle2001 posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 5:23 PM

That's what I thought. Normally they put in an ademdum with whats been updated in this version.

All the best.

LROG

Zev0 posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 5:23 PM

Jeez..at least tell us why we are updating ..Even Daz tells us, and they are bad with documentation lol..

My Renderosity Store

mylemonblue posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 11:39 PM

To all the guys are SM thank you. (^o^)

Anytime those who make a figure continue working on it after it's release and update or improve it, that's a good thing.

Edit. I had to futz around with the poser.exe file to get it to install before. I bet that's been fixed.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

rokket posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 1:01 AM

The only thing that is different in my install is there is a bra and panties in her folder under the character tab and a DEV rig I didn't have initially. I am not sure about anything about the model as I have yet to mess with her. I am working on something else at the moment and don't want that little Asian tart to distract me!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

meatSim posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 1:30 AM

the dev rig I had with my initial install ((thank you SM for that!)).  Cant remember if I had bra and panties or not but I kinda think i did

Teyon posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 1:39 AM

I don't have a total list of fixes but there were some updates to rigging on some items and possibly the figures themselves. I'm honestly a bit out of the loop at the moment. Been having a spot of bad luck ever since comic con, so I've been dealing with that. I'm sure we'll put up a note on what was changed soon.

Probably.

Maybe. 

mylemonblue posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 2:34 AM

The redownloaded Tyler doesn't say SR2 so I think it is only Miki4 that got the SR2 update but that's cool.

@ Teyon, I hope your luck improves soon.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Teyon posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 2:54 AM

thanks!

monkeycloud posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 3:30 AM

Quote - The redownloaded Tyler doesn't say SR2 so I think it is only Miki4 that got the SR2 update but that's cool.

Yeah, pretty sure its only Miki4 that is updated. I think we'd hear from Blackhearted regarding a Tyler update...?

Yeah, likewise, Teyon... wishing you all the best in sorting out whatever you've got to deal with.

Many thanks again for all your work on Miki4 😄

Kenmac posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 7:50 PM

Quote - I don't have a total list of fixes but there were some updates to rigging on some items and possibly the figures themselves. I'm honestly a bit out of the loop at the moment. Been having a spot of bad luck ever since comic con, so I've been dealing with that. I'm sure we'll put up a note on what was changed soon.

Probably.

Maybe. 

Thanks for letting us know about the rigging and figure updates and sorry to hear about your bad luck. I hope things improve for you.

moogal posted Sat, 03 November 2012 at 6:01 PM

I've been using this program for ten years, and there's so much I still don't fully grasp.  If I started making a figure and saved it as a WIP, what do I do about the update?  Does it only affect future figures, or will it in some way update figures already saved?  (I do know figures don't contain their own textures, so those would be updated if they were changed.) 

I'm guessing it'll update the Miki in my library, but my WIP Miki derived figure will be unaffected.

So what is the simplest process to update a figure when the figure base is updated?  If no morphs were created, is it simply a matter of saving the WIP figure's pose including morphs and then applying that pose to the updated figure?

Mat poses are just a colection of all of a figures materials, right?  I suppose they can't create material zones, and rather only apply mats to exisitng zones.

Maybe I should visit that newbie thread again.  :unsure:

ssgbryan posted Sat, 03 November 2012 at 10:10 PM

Quote - > Quote - The redownloaded Tyler doesn't say SR2 so I think it is only Miki4 that got the SR2 update but that's cool.

Yeah, pretty sure its only Miki4 that is updated. I think we'd hear from Blackhearted regarding a Tyler update...?

Yeah, likewise, Teyon... wishing you all the best in sorting out whatever you've got to deal with.

Many thanks again for all your work on Miki4 😄

Teyon is in NYC, so I would guess that it is Sandy related.

smallspace posted Sun, 04 November 2012 at 1:08 AM

On installing the update, I noticed something I find a little strange, but it may have been that way in the original install. Miki4's eyelash figure is a CR2 but in the installer puts it in the "hair" library. I would think either they meant to change it to an hr2 or to locate it in the character folder.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Teyon posted Sun, 04 November 2012 at 6:37 AM

the hurricane's only a part of my issue - just been a rough few weeks. Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

As for the eyelashes, they have to be a CR2 if you guys plan on putting hair on the girl. Due to a design limitation, you can't have more than one HR2 on a figure as far as I'm aware.  That may change but for now anyway, the decision was made to keep the lashes a CR2, despite it being a hair prop.

smallspace posted Sun, 04 November 2012 at 5:23 PM

Don't have a problem with them being a Cr2 but they should be in the character library in that case, not the hair library.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!