Forum: Animation

Subject: Newbie to 3D Animating - What's the Best Software?

Glen opened this issue on Dec 18, 2012 ยท 11 posts

Glen posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 10:39 AM

Hello,

I've sneaked over from the Poser forums (don't tell them...) because I've been working on an animation project for a couple of years now and have had tons of trouble animating in my Poser Pro 2010. Most of my work so far has been on modelling and such like, so I'm only just starting to dabble in the actual animation side of things right now, but it's so confusing and time consuming. I'm wondering what the best software is for creating my animation; the story is based on a 24hr endurance motor race and will include, obviously, packs of cars racing around a circuit at high speeds, loads of lighting effects, hopefully lots of particle effects and maybe, if the software supports it, a large amount of physics too (cars hitting tyre walls, flying debris and such like). I'm also going to be focussing on key characters, which will require animating faces and syncing voices to characters. The only real limitation is that it has to be able to use my morphed, rigged characters from Poser, as I've made a lot of the characters already and would be very disappointed to have to start them all over again. My 3D modelling talents don't stretch to creating my own Human figures from scratch, unfortunately (I'm only really any good at structures and the odd object or two).

So, to sum up...

I need an animation package that can:

Animate lots of detailed objects at once and, in some cases, let me work with blur effects.

Give very lifelike results with lighting by giving lense flares, blooms and so on.

Animate characters intricately that have been created in Poser (same with clothes and props).

Allow me to work with dynamic cloths and hair.

Work with physics and particle effects (adding a wind source?)

I think I've covered everything I need, but like I said, I'm a newbie to all of this, so I might need something totally different. I have been thinking about using machinima, but I'm even more lost on that subject.

Can anyone advise, please?

Kind Regards,

Glen.

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!