Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lynes bear - problems with loading obj -

Dotthy opened this issue on Dec 18, 2012 · 17 posts

Dotthy posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 11:43 AM

Hi, I have a question. Has anybody the same problem or better problem solved?

I downloaded the wonderful stuff of Lynes freebies and later I have read the instructions and made the procedere right so far.

But when I load the file in Poser 7 and also in Poser 8, I got a bear without legs and arms. This is courious because I cannot change the material of it. It seems that the legs and arms are cutted away.

Please have a look on the test render.

Hope you have an idea?

Thanks

DOtthy

Dotthy,

Private home page  DuF-Net.de,
Artist home page Arts-3D.com

"My education started the day I left school" Mark Twain

randym77 posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 1:13 PM

Are you sure you're using the right bear?  If I recall correctly, Lyne's bear re-map was for the bear sold at DAZ.  I don't think it's the same as the bear included with Poser. 

hborre posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 1:53 PM

So lets clarify which bear model you are using.

Medzinatar posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 4:47 PM

You wouldn't be able to apply the new UV's to the Poser Bear OBJ, you would get "incompatible facet structure".

Have to assume OP is using proper OBJ file.  I have the freebie in question but it works fine for me.

The only thing I can think is maybe the blBear.rsr file was not deleted and is interfering.  But I'm not sure if modern versions of Poser even look at that anymore.

randym77 posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 5:33 PM

I wonder if the OBJs might be similar enough that they weren't incompatible.  Like, if the DAZ bear and the Poser bear are modifications of the same mesh. 

This reminds me of the problem people had with trying to use the old DAZ Carousel.  It used the old Poser 4 horse, and new versions of the Poser horse were just different enough that they showed up missing parts.

EnglishBob posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 4:31 AM

I can confirm that Lyne's bear remap works in Poser 7 - for me, anyway... Also that the Zygote/DAZ bear is very different from the Poser bear. I couldn't apply Lyne's UVS to the Poser bear.

EnglishBob posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 4:32 AM

Dotthy, could you check the basics? Open the hierarchy window and confirm that all the bear's parts are marked as visible.

monkeycloud posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 5:05 AM

Whereabouts is Lyne's bear remap available?

EnglishBob posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 5:09 AM

Attached Link: http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree9.htm

'Ere ya go. :-)

monkeycloud posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 5:16 AM

Cool, thanks EnglishBob :-)

LaurieA posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 5:54 AM

Lots of other goodies there too monkeycloud. Don't miss em...lol. Flamingo, Giraffe, rabbits, chickens, bovines, moose, etc ;) My faves are the ducks :)

Laurie

Dotthy posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 6:53 AM

Thank you all for your tips and answers. I have used the Zygote bear from Poser 5 and it must be the same as the DAZ bear. The obj file has the name  blBear. I think this is right. But maybe there is something wrong during the program reading the file.

All other animals work fine. Only the bear make trouble.

EnglishBob I will try this with the Hirachy tab and will come back. Thank you!

Dotthy,

randym77 posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 8:43 AM

Quote - I have used the Zygote bear from Poser 5 and it must be the same as the DAZ bear.

It's not.  Zygote and DAZ used to be one company, and many early Poser models were made by them.  So the meshes are related, but not the same.  I'd guess that's your problem.  You need the bear for sale at DAZ, not the one that comes free with Poser.

Also, there are different versions of the Poser animals.  I can't remember when it changed - Poser 7, maybe? So maybe that's why Bob got a different result trying to use the Poser bear than you did?

Dotthy posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 10:40 AM

randym77@  The other free bear objects have not the name blbear.obj they named only bear.  Maybe you are right and I have to buy the bear at DAZ.

englishbob@ I have looked the Hirarchy editor all parts are set to visible. This seems to be not the problem.

I have several bear models from several poser editions from Poser 3 until Poser 8 when I add the texture to the bear of Poser 8. It is good but I lost the morphs by Lyne. Because they need another obj file.

Thank you again, for help!!!!! Have made tricky render ;-)

Dotthy,

LaurieA posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 10:46 AM

If you can't beat em, hide em. LOL

Laurie

randym77 posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 11:12 AM

It's a very nice image!

Dotthy posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 2:12 PM

Thank you, kind of you!!!!!!!

Dotthy,