Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need Help with Hip/Thigh Conforming

Darchind opened this issue on Jan 27, 2013 ยท 22 posts

Darchind posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 12:47 AM

Hi all,

I've been learning 3DS Max and Poser. Piecing together bits and pieces of information from various sources, I've learned how to use both programs comfortably enough to produce my own original geometries. Lately I have put full emphasis on modeling clothing figures. I understand the concept of bone structures in order to conform clothing to figures, but I am perplexed by a specific complexity regarding the hips, thighs, etc.

Getting to the point:

If I make a dress for an intended Poser figure and then load the figure's skeleton and groups in the Setup room of Poser itself, I am able to conform the dress to the intended Poser figure. When I do that, anytime I try to move the legs of the figure, the mesh of the dress breaks in order to follow the leg being moved. I have attached two screenshots of my problem in full visual detail.

What perplexes me is that artists who have created dresses and skirts on Renderosity seem to have their dresses and skirts following the intended figures' legs with smootheness and ease, and yet they typically do not have any polygonal groups for the thighs or buttocks.

What I want to do is get the skirt portion of the dress to follow leg movements without breaking up in the mesh. I have searched endlessly for any articles that cover this issue, but I have found none. Any assistance would be more than appreciated.