Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Site: Bugs/Issues - Not for design comments.

Sabby opened this issue on Feb 22, 2013 · 71 posts

Sabby posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:19 PM

This thread is for actual things that are broken and need to be fixed, so that the powers that be don't have to dig through long threads talking about aesthetics.

NOTE: Don't post your opinions on how the site looks on this thread. That isn't a bug or an issue with site functionality.

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

StaceyG posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:23 PM

Okay Sabby, I see what you mean there, so we will make sure to get this issue added when I start my thread for feedback on other (non site look) issues

Thanks!!

FrankT posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:50 PM

Title and artist name could do with a bit more space in the gallery thumbnails - they get overlapped a bit at the bottom by the gallery name.

FireFox 19 if that makes any difference

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Hamer66 posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:33 PM

Not only the artist names need more space, The site has some serious issues when rezising the window (at least with IE). The lay-out gets all messed up.  The white bars are smaller than the text/product pictures/ prices overlap the purchase button etc.

Have a large monitor and like to keep the side on one half, but it almost becomes unreadable.

Fenier posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:52 PM

Client used is very important in fixing issues.  Most of the following is in FF19, Chrome 25 or otherwise noted.

Issues broken down by type:

Responsive Design

Site clearly has responsive design.  I can view it at several differnet breakpoints in Firefox 19 on Windows 7. 

1280 v 600 (Landscape) = Fine

1280 x 600 (Portrait) = Broken Layout (Sidebars correctly display under main content, but broken)

1280 v 980 (Landscape) = Fine

1280 x 980 (Portrait) = Broken Layout (What's hot images bleed out of the side bar)

1280 x 800 (Landscape) = Fine

1280 x 800 (Portrait) Broken (What's hot images bleed in the side bar, same with calendar in sidebar)

1024 x 768 (Landscape) = Broken (Sidebar bleeds out, see above)

1024 x 768 (Portrait) = Broken (Sidebar has several issues)

360 x 640 (Landscape) = Broken

360 x 640 (Portrait) = Broken

Gallery Thumbs shrink as expected, but with no max height or width exceed their normal sizing and become distorted.

The white boxes the thumbnails sit in on category level pages becomes uneven at some resolutions (IE - breaks).

Was unable to invoke the 'mobile' layout as expected on a iPoD Touch (4th Gen) or a Samsung mp3 Player (Android 2.3, stock browser).  Both got the desktop layout.

Firefox is picking up a global style for the paragraph element giving it a 10px bottom margin.  This really screws with the spacing on posts.  This is on like 547~ in bootstrap.css   Global styles are bad.

Usability

On a mobile device:  Clicking into the user name field works, select 'next' moves to password as expected, select 'next' moves to search box.  This should move to the login button.

On some Display breakpoints the Global Navigation disappears.  It is not very obvious that the box along the right side will display it.  The box has no marker or indication of function.

Page Structure

Quick scan of markup, by no means exhustive.**

Fenier posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:46 PM

Also in the past few hours bouncing around the site..

I have seen JavaScript warnings due to the script being non-ECMA compliant, and a load of CSS warnings.

Example:

font-style:bold;

instead of font-weight: bold;

Also several references to MS filter style rules, and even some pages reporting they are being rendered in Quirks mode.

Your pages could render faster with less repainting with proper markup, CSS, and JavaScript coding practices.

Antaran posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:49 PM

Another broken feature: The price field in the product no longer displays sale percentage for the items on sale. Not good at all.

Makes the site look less established and less trustworthy. Any respectable store will always list sale percentage.

SonnysArt posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 6:10 AM

Marketplace Content:

1. Only "Content Advisory" boxes are shown below main image on items.  All others are almost invisible tall, thin strips.  I thought the detail images had been removed until I viewed an item with an advisory.

Wishlist:

1. Product name wraps around image.

2. Image too large.  I can only view 2 1/2 images at a time.  Half the size would do.

My Gallery:

1. The most recently posted piece on the "My Summary" page is displayed at full size.  Should be reduced in size per the prior version of the site.

Forrum:

1. Ad strip on right overlaping postings.  Cannot read entire post.  Resizing window does not help.

I am using IE8 and Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite widescreen laptop.

IO4 posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:58 AM

The  'Galleries' link doesn't appear to be working only the options in the drop down list, and the same is true of the main Forum link. Is this a bug or is it designed this way?

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

caty77 posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:19 PM

Links "Galleries", "Freestuff" don't appear with new RR.  :((((

The galleries link is available with right click , then new tab.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

Thumbails are too big in galleries. And manes in fact are 'eating'; on y, j, g... letter.

The site appears deformed, the band blancest too high for my screen parraport to before.

ssgbryan posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 4:17 PM

I don't know it this qualifies as a bug or a (bad) design decision, so I am listing it:

The (ugly) white boxes holding each of the items for sale appear to be differing sizes. 

It doesn't present a uniform, professional appearance.

goldie posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:36 PM

Purchased Items list:

needs sortable "Date Purchased" column

would be nice to also have "Price Paid" column

To make room for these two columns could get rid of all that stuff in extreme right of page...not necessary in my opinion.

goldie posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:38 PM

Need direct links to Freebies and Galleries index pages.  Don't see why one has to right click on the header text in the menu bar to access these pages

Fenier posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:55 PM

Using a Galaxy Note (which has 800 x 1280 resolution) the site looks like the following.  Notice the clear issues with the header not covering the full width.

Landscape

Portrait

ssgbryan posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:29 PM

It doesn't look any better on my iPad.

Fenier posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:28 PM

Assuming you are using a iPad 2, it's about the same resolution.  The difference is you are viewing it on a 10"+ display, and mine is 5.3".

There is nothing causing it to switch out to a format which is suitable for that screen size.

brewgirlca posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:45 AM

Leading image in "My Gallery" fills the frame so that text is not visible and there is no way to open that image. Explorer 8 running on Windows XP (archaic I know but it's my work computer).

caty77 posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 2:56 PM

Hello!

I search freestuff with names of artist. And for one (only one), I have a whole lot of lines ofbugs who appears.

bug

Not whole capture.

Page in question is this: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=641216

StaceyG posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 3:11 PM

Where were you searching from? I have been all through the freestuff and searching this artist and various others to see and I can't duplicate this error. 

Can you give me any more specific details?

Thank you

caty77 posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 3:22 PM

Hello!

I search on Freestuff, then Search Freestuff.

In case: Search specific user? I tap TruForm.

I don't know why. I did that only. I relaunched the page several times on my side, in vain.
And opening another tab to test other artists, the error does not occur to them.

Miss Nancy posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 3:52 PM

whilst trying to add notes to gallery upload using "notes/caption" form field, clicking on  drag corner causes form field box to shrink, then it continues to shrink onmouseover, without attempt to click-drag.  by contrast, this form field (forum reply) drag corner works o.k.

FF 16.0.1, OS X.

brewgirlca posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 12:32 AM

In Market Place: vendor product pages "related products" thumbnails are spilling over the background graphics box on the right hand side. See Madelleriums latest offering. IE 8, windows vista.

brewgirlca posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 12:44 AM

"What's hot today" hotbutton is working on some pages and not others. E.g.:

It is working on this page:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/mailbox.php

It is not working on this page:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2417050

IE 8, Windows Vista

renecyberdoc posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 1:32 AM

Quote - Hello!

I search on Freestuff, then Search Freestuff.

In case: Search specific user? I tap TruForm.

I don't know why. I did that only. I relaunched the page several times on my side, in vain.
And opening another tab to test other artists, the error does not occur to them.

the relaunching wont help i had a similar issue,a while ago with something else.you have to clear the cookies and history otherwise it loads always the "error"page out of its cache.

3DGuy posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 4:54 AM

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

caty77 posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hello renecyberdoc

I forgot to pass that last night I retried the same page just before leaving. Without clearing cookies and it appeared normal.
I think that perhaps the staff of RR was doing some manipulations on the site, and that's why???

I don't know.

Fenier posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quote - - The Renderosity logo (topleft) is a 2.5 megapixel(!) image. 

I am showing 

http://www.renderosity.com/templates/renderositybootstrap/image/Renderosity-logo.png

To be only abotu 35k?

That said each Social Icon is a seperate file, should really be a sprite.

3DGuy posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 12:04 PM

I said megapixel, not megabyte ;)

The logo is 3392x788 and it's scaled back with css to a width of 288 pixels, that's just stupid. That's why it renders so ugly.

ssgbryan posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 1:52 PM

Another issue/bug

I recently got a note from a vendor about a product being upgraded.

When I go to my purchases, the "DATE PURCHASED" column is missing.

This is important to have - I compare the purchase date to the update date to see if I already have the updated zip file.  I can't do that anymore.

brewgirlca posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 2:00 PM

After I open an image in the galleries, when I go back to the gallery page I am returned to the top of the page and not to the image I was at. Meaning I have to scroll down the page to where I left off. Royal pain when going through the galleries.

Maddelirium posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 6:37 PM

I Can't upload an image to my gallery.When I click save and upload, the page just sits and sits. I have waited for maybe 5 lifetimes now and nothing. I have cleaned out my cache and temp files, logged in and out, rebooted. I can do everything else, purchasing, browsing galleries you name it, but nothing with my gallery. The image dimensions and file size are fine. I'm using IE9, Windows 7.

I don't know what else to do

StaceyG posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 9:28 PM

I'll check with the techs for you Maddelirium.  I don't think this particuliar issue would be caused by any of the recent site changes but even if it's not they may have some suggestions on what might be causing this for you.

And just to be clear, you don't receive any type of error message?

Also since it's the weekend and not sure how long it will be before I get the techs response, if you want you can email me the image and I can do some testing on my end with it to see if maybe I can help.

Thanks

Maddelirium posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 9:51 PM

I think it might be something with the image. I just tried an image I put up once before and it worked. I'm going to check my image, thanks so much:)

Maddelirium posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:03 PM

I got it to work. I don't know what was wrong with the image but it's all fixed now, thanks again!!

sandman_max posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 9:23 AM

Could we add the sale expiration date to the Overlay? Also Classic Prime expiration date.

StaceyG posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hi

The prime classics already do show the expiration date, it's right under the price on the product page.

Not sure what you mean by adding the sale expiry on the "overlay"?

brewgirlca posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 12:10 PM

Stacey:

Looking through comments from users the single most common complaint is still the tiny text box. I am not a web master but people who are are saying this is an easy fix. Almost all your users are working most of the time on laptops or desktops, not ipads or iphones (and I have both, and the box is lousy in them too). We need to have a decent text entry system.

Despite what some people (e.g. Sabby) are saying there is no drag box in IE 7, 8 and 9 on any windows system less than 8. I run all 3 systems and nothing is working in this regard.

Why is this "simple" problem not being addressed?

Sabby posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quote - Despite what some people (e.g. Sabby) are saying there is no drag box in IE 7, 8 and 9 on any windows system less than 8. I run all 3 systems and nothing is working in this regard.

Why is this "simple" problem not being addressed?

The drag is only in Chrome and Firefox. ;( This was mentioned by an admin somewhere, I think it was Stacey. I know that doesn't help you. It also doesn't work in IE10.

I believe it was also suggested someplace by an admin that IE users swap to Chrome...

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

adorety posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 9:05 PM

The issue has been mentioned, but I feel it needs to be said again. The small box for writing and commenting needs to be fixed or returned to its original format/size. Switching to another browser is not a fix.  At this point I am wondering if there is going to be a fix, some sort of notice or repy is appreciated.

Thanks,AD

SidheRoseGraphics posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 1:30 AM

Quote - The issue has been mentioned, but I feel it needs to be said again. The small box for writing and commenting needs to be fixed or returned to its original format/size. Switching to another browser is not a fix.  At this point I am wondering if there is going to be a fix, some sort of notice or repy is appreciated.

Thanks,AD

Sorry but I have to agree with this. Switching to another browser is not a 'fix'. It's a bandaid. I do appreciate that a lot of things have been fixed, then again the change should not have been published until it was beta-tested on all browsers. Many of us have mentioned/complained about these tiny comment/text boxes since the change over and nothing's been done to address that. :huh:

Thanks!

Ray

3DGuy posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 2:04 PM

The smiies link above the reply box is broken...

caty77 posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 2:06 PM

Search page for forum is not found, this evening???

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/search.php

3DGuy posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 3:28 PM

Not receiving e-bots and the system seems to be on the fritz in general... seeing mysql errors every now and then.

caty77 posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 3:43 PM

Yes for "mysql errors" several times since 9:15pm approximately.
And the notification bubble is gray now :(((((((((

Lyne posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 5:25 PM

this happens to me A LOT.. the page goes all white with text barely visable. It happens when I try and open a second instance of Rendo to find a product creator's name, it happens when I go "back" from one page to another.

I am using IE8, on a flat screen, with my desktop. there were only 2119 people on line here at the time. Site is SLOW and gave me a lot of trouble trying to get the product names to appear.

I will NOT change my viewer for a website.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

3DGuy posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 4:10 PM

A bug that was present and apparently solved earlier is back. A 'null' image is inserted in every post. Hence the extra whitespace in every posting.

DocMikeB posted Wed, 10 April 2013 at 4:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2866233

Not sure if its a "BUG"

But since yesterday (April 9) I noticed that when I search for "Renderosity" on Google, the homepage doesn't appear as first result. And its not even in the first 5 or 10.

Maybe there is some problem with the tags / search engine optimization?

Screenshots (with 3 different browsers) in the thread I created (link).

caty77 posted Thu, 11 April 2013 at 7:29 AM

Just to point out that "Tip of the Week" has a strange code on freestuff pages.

TinaK posted Thu, 11 April 2013 at 11:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up and we have it fixed.

Please let me know if you see it again.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

caty77 posted Fri, 12 April 2013 at 8:47 AM

Hello!

THe "Tip of the week" is rebelling again ^^ . And only on the Freestuff pages.

I think the word "Friday" is found in dark on the dark background at the end of the line with strange symbols.

Tip of the week

TinaK posted Fri, 12 April 2013 at 11:23 AM

Thanks again.

Got it corrected.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

wimvdb posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 7:54 AM

I get 4 tiimes the same notice for sitemail since the last few days. Sometimes a half our apart. This has happened a couple of times now. Is this broken?

TinaK posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hi wimvdb,

I will make sure someone is aware of this on Monday at the office.  I have gotten this a couple of times myself.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

wimvdb posted Sun, 28 April 2013 at 9:34 AM

Thanks!

PAnn posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 2:28 PM

I have a problem I am experiencing the last couple of days.

Several days ago I couldn't log on most of the day and kept getting that dreaded white page with the black coding at the top. When I finally got logged on everything was so slow and pages weren't loading as usual.

Since then for the past couple of days and just now, when the opening page opens up, the ad under the menu bar and above the site announcements will not load fully and I get the revolving circle.  If I get impatient and try to click on another page, nothing happens. I can click on the site announcements and then change to other tabs and those work, but that non loading ad won't let me change to another page. I have to close Firefox and try again.  Sometimes it loads okay but most of the time it won't.

I just thought I would let someone know what I have been experiencing the last several days.

TinaK posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 2:33 PM

Thanks PAnn,

I will let our techs know that you are experiencing this issue.  

We have not had anyone else report this issue so I am not sure what could be going on but we will have someone take a look.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Vanguard- posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 4:03 PM

Hi,

When I try to add a file to the gallery I get this message in the page when I click the "browse" button.

ERROR: adman element file "buttongroupcom" doesn't exist.

Same for chrome and FF

TinaK posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 4:33 PM

Hi Vanguard-,

I tried this using Chrome and didn't get this issue.

Please send me a screenshot if you are still experiencing this issue.

tinak@renderosity.com

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Vanguard- posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 5:20 PM

Quote - Hi Vanguard-,

I tried this using Chrome and didn't get this issue.

Please send me a screenshot if you are still experiencing this issue.

tinak@renderosity.com

Thanks

Hi Tina,

I figured it out. It was a problem with a browser ad-blocking plugin, The message I quoted was for an ad button, not the upload buton.

False alarm: apologies.

PAnn posted Mon, 29 April 2013 at 11:44 PM

Thanks Tina.

I didn't know if this is anything anyone else is experiencing but I just thought I would mention it.   I have had that white page with nothing but a line of coding at the top before several times when I couldn't get access.

Thanks for the reply.

Pat

Daidalos posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 6:29 PM

Hello members of the staff,

I was not sure this is the right place to post this. But I hope this is the right place for this, if not please move this post to the right place for it.

I'm a chrome user. We chrome users cannot simply cut and then paste something into say the reply box, where I am typing.

If we try to do so using our mouse we are given a pop up message stating the following:

Currently not supported by your browser use keyboard shortcuts instead.

Can that please be fixed in chrome? I know it's a minor, minor, minor issue. But one I thought I'd point out in the hopes it will or can be fixed nonetheless.

Good day,

Daidalos

"The Blood is the life!"

TinaK posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 8:48 PM

Daidalos,

I am not sure but I will ask on Monday.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

RHaseltine posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 9:00 AM

Does ctrl-v (cmd-v for the Mac) not work in Chrome?

SidheRoseGraphics posted Sat, 18 May 2013 at 3:46 PM

During this last week, the pages on this site have been taking forever to load. When I click on a notice to see an image, many times the image is NOT loaded and I have to sit there and wait for it to load. I can see the text but not the image. This all seems to have started after whatever was fixed at the top and bottom of the page - where we were getting the message that "reference is deprecated".

RodS posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 1:35 PM

Why is Rendo so slooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww lately? It takes me an average of 5 - 7 minutes to comment on ONE gallery image. First, it takes 2 - 3 minutes for the image to even appear when you click the link in the e-bot. Then another couple minutes to do anything after you type your comment and click the 'submit' button. Then another 2 - 4 minutes if you click the 'add image to favorites' link. I'm way behind on comments and am trying to get caught up, but I just don't have time for this extreme lag time going from page to page.

I don't notice this slowness on other websites - just Renderosity. This issue is consistant with 3 different computers, and using IE, Firefox, or Chrome.

It's much the same when going to the marketplace, or anywhere else within the site. I hope you will address this issue, and not just ignore me.

Thanks,

Rod

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

SidheRoseGraphics posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 1:53 PM

Thank you Rod!

RodS posted Sun, 09 June 2013 at 8:07 PM

You're welcome, Ray - not that anyone here is listening......

Helllllllooooooooo.......... waits for echo

tsarist posted Sun, 09 June 2013 at 10:07 PM

Please get rid of the Flash Ads that run across the top of the store pages.

They slow up the site to a crawl.

adorety posted Wed, 12 June 2013 at 8:39 AM

Downloads exceptionally slow lately. I'm clocking speeds of only 90kbs. Additionally I am not receiving ebots anymore. There is nothing wrong with my email, browser or ISP. How about an announcement that this is being looked into?!!!!

Anyone there?

TinaK posted Wed, 12 June 2013 at 9:28 AM

Hi adorety,

This has been looked into and there is an issue with anyone using hotmail or live mail as far as ebots are concerned.  It seems we have been reported as spam and we are on their black list.  I have had a couple with this same issue report back to me today saying that now they are starting to receive again.

I will check on the speed issue and see what we can come up with for you.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

RodS posted Wed, 12 June 2013 at 5:04 PM

Tina, thanks for your response to Art. We were wondering if anyone was even looking at these forums any more...

Here is an example of the slow download speeds we are speaking of.

I just tried a re-download of one of my orders to check the speed. As you can see, it's 119 KB/sec - not even on a par with DSL. I just downloaded several files from another CG website, and the DL speeds were around 2MB/sec. So it's not my network, and it's not my ISP.

When I downloaded the 5 products pictured here, it took over an HOUR at speeds that topped out at around 90KB/sec. I'm sorry, but I just don't have that kind of time.

This is typical of my orders from the RMP - there is rarely a month I don't qualify for Render Rewards. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a hiatus from ordering here until this issue is addressed. I really hate doing this - several vendors here are good friends - but as I said above, my time is at a premium these days.

Hopefully this will be addressed soon.