Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: After ten years of playing with Poser . . .

Tunesy opened this issue on Mar 05, 2013 · 29 posts

Tunesy posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 3:29 PM

After ten years of playing with Poser and enjoying most of that time, learning new features, buying (too much) content and just having fun, I decided I wanted to learn how to draw 'properly'.  So, I've been reading books and watching tutorials to learn to draw and paint in the traditional ways, trying to learn about color and spaces, etc.  Been spending about half an hour a day just drawing circles with the Wacom.  It's oddly relaxing.  Kinda like hitting a bucket of golf balls.  Even a hack will occassionally connect with the ball just right and knock it 250 yards in the air.  Even a hack art hobbyist will occassionally draw a near perfect circle.  It's fun.  And one sees very fast improvement when one starts without much skill.  I'm sure the skill improvements will start to slow down a lot soon though.

Anyway, back to Poser.  The last few weeks I've found myself using Poser, sometimes with just a mannequin, to create a pose as a reference to sketch from.  And then it dawned on me:  that's what Larry Weinberg intended Poser for back at version one, and version one would probably serve that purpose just as well as our fancy newer versions of Poser do today.  haha.