Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: P7 Problem: Libraries folder cannot be found

helgas opened this issue on Mar 11, 2013 ยท 5 posts

helgas posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 3:51 PM

Please, I need help. This morning I tried to open Poser 7 and got the message:

Libraries folder cannot be found or created

I am on XP Professional. I have searched for answers but found nothing for this particular problem.

Where is the link to the external Runtimes? Did something get corru[ted? I removed the .xml files without success.

helgas posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 5:37 PM

Quote - Please, I need help. This morning I tried to open Poser 7 and got the message:

Libraries folder cannot be found or created

I am on XP Professional. I have searched for answers but found nothing for this particular problem.

Where is the link to the external Runtimes? Did something get corru[ted? I removed the .xml files without success.

Problem solved. It was a corrupted .ini file.

EnglishBob posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 7:21 PM

I make a habit of backing up at least my poser.ini and libraryprefs.xml from time to time. They do seem to be susceptible to corruption if there's a crash at the wrong moment.

helgas posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 7:37 PM

Quote - I make a habit of backing up at least my poser.ini and libraryprefs.xml from time to time. They do seem to be susceptible to corruption if there's a crash at the wrong moment.

This is what saved me. I did a back-up one week ago. Only at first I didn't know what to look for. After searching through the Smith Micro help files I got the notion that it might be the .ini file. After that the Back-up did the rest.

Thank you for responding.

vincewicks posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 11:45 AM

Check the event log files and verify there any error information related to poser or try to restore from windows system restore.