Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Dynamic clothing question

cedarwolf opened this issue on Mar 12, 2013 · 8 posts

cedarwolf posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 4:43 PM

Is there a way to convert or otherwise use Poser dynamic clothing in DAZ Studio?  I've got 4.5Pro.

PoppaC posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 4:57 PM

none that I know of  hope some one knows  and can teach us I for one would love to use poser dynamoc clothing in DAZ3d

AlanaDale posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 4:57 PM

DS uses totally different cloth engine, by Optitex.

No way use any other dynamic clothing

The optitex tools are several thousand dollars, way out of reach for the casual user

PoppaC posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 5:05 PM

"The optitex tools are several thousand dollars, way out of reach for the casual user"

Try in the tens of thousands of dollars I tried and you are looking at no less then $40,000.00 for the program and you have to renew it as well. It was a real schocker to this humbel artest

cedarwolf posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 8:22 PM

OUCH!  Guess I'll just have to continue on the way things are.  Thanks for the responses, folks.

RHaseltine posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 10:53 AM

For Genesis you can of course bring the clothes into DS as props and use the Transfer utility to turn them into clothes, but that will lose the advantages of their being dynamic.

PoppaC posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 11:20 AM

how and what transfer utility i can load any dynamic but to fit it has always been my problem

RHaseltine posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:50 PM

Assuming the dynamic clothing lines up with a zeroed Genesis base, just go to Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility. Pick Genesis as the Source, the clothing model as the Target, and click Accept. Most likely the clothing will be made for an older figure - if so, under Source Shape select Clone shape and then select the figure from the list, then expand the Transfer Utility dialogue by clicking the Show Options>>> button and check Reverse Source Shape from Target. That should give you a version of the clothing that works as a conforming piece - it won't, however, work if the clothing is modelled in a way that is far from its rest state (such as a cape laying stretched out flat at neck height, from which it would drape to the figure when the simulation was run).