Forum: Fractals

Subject: The Next Challenge

Lenord opened this issue on Apr 06, 2013 · 14 posts

Lenord posted Sat, 06 April 2013 at 6:15 PM

Welllll, damn....kinda kew something like this would come up sooner or later...

Rapesco has chosen the theme "Spirit in the Sky"

Although Rapesco has stated his choice very appropriatly and I agree it is fine I don't think I have any Image that represents this Challenge correctly and I have  completely different view on Religion.

"I think, there's enough space for interpretation (Something religious, spiritual, sheet lightning or just an UFO). ;)
Unfortunately I've no adequate image for the announcement. Could you please help me?"

I usually do the Image for the Challenge, mostly because it's the only way I can  be in on the Challenge but ultimately it's Not about me it's about ya'll. "Spirit in the Sky"....a song by Norman Greenbaum, a very Spiritual song and it needs an Image to Represent this Challenge and I have nothing that represents Rapesco's intentions for the challege. I am not a religious person nor do I pretend to be, I am spiritual but that is between me and the Ether.

So, my thoughts are...Lets have a Mini Challenge for an Image to Represent the Challenge....what do you think?

I mean it's not like we have a Timetable that's written in stone, it's our time we can use it as we will. A week to pick an image for the Challenge, 4 or 6 weeks for the Challenge itself, give me some input.

It's up to you, I'll do whatever, throw up an image for the Challenge get everything set up and let it Roll, no skin off my nose. Just thought ya'll might want a little more say in how things go round here.

I admit this is a bit of Overcompensation on my part because I am a Non Beiever, an Atheist. I wasn't always, my Faith faltered in the Summer of 1970 and it never recovered. I however feel no need to disuade anyone from their personal beliefs and respect their rights to believe what they wish, their path is straight and normal just as mine is.

A bit of an explaination, I am an Atheist, I do not believe in God or the Bible....now before you start throwing Rocks listen....I was raised Catholic, hell I'm Irish, We had to either be Catholic or Protestant, just the way it was. There was a time when I believed, when I had Faith, that time is long gone. There is an old saing that states "there are no Atheists in a Foxhole" I beg to differ, a Foxhole is the Breeding Ground of Atheism. Anyone who has been in a Shootig War knows it's all about staying Alive, Faith in anything but yourself goes right out the window. I believed in myself and I believed in my Brothers, not in God, he had nothing to do with it. Forget Free Will, forget God moves in mysterious ways, God is always AWOL in War, how can a Benevolent God allow such things to happen, it's easy, Because he doen't exist.

(the above opinion is mine and mine alone and in no way represents that of Renderosity)

Remember...No matter where you go there you are